Re: [snowkiteidaho] Montana Snowkite Roundup

  • Tom Cavaiani
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 28, 2005
      Where is Georgetown Lake Lodge? How far is it from Boise, Idaho?

      Tom

      >>> montanakitesports@... 11/26/05 1:37 PM >>>
    • keith kallio
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 28, 2005

                                                      Keith
        Tom Cavaiani <tcavaiani@...> wrote:
        Where is Georgetown Lake Lodge?  How far is it from Boise, Idaho?

        Tom

        >>> montanakitesports@... 11/26/05 1:37 PM >>>

      • Craig Althen
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 28, 2005
          Pretty far. Lodge is on the southern shore of Georgetown lake. Georgetown lake is about 40 miles west of Butte MT, which is at the intersection of I-90 & I-15.

          Lake is a shade larger than CJ, located in a scenic area (though not as scenic as the georgetownlakelodge_com home page picture portrays), and is sort of at the top of a pass, instead of in a basin.

          Discovery Basin ski area is nearby. Has good reputation, but never tried it. Similar elev. and vert. stats to Bogus.

          P.S.

          Am personally convinced skis work better on very shallow snow/grass, but would guess Eddy used board (still with big grin).

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 28, 2005
            Keith

            Thanks for the details and the map,

            Tom