Re: [snowkiteidaho] broken wing

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2007
      OK, Darrel, it's a good sign you can cross your fingers....

      ...but can you enlighten the rest of us that weren't there....what happened?....you try to jump the road?  tangle with the fearsome Camas Snow Snake?  Sasquatch bust a move at you?....WHAT??????

      Jon

      On Dec 3, 2007 5:09 PM, Darrel Thomas <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

      I took my shoulder in to see the doc  today, and to get some glam shots of it for my scrapbook.  Looks like I MIGHT have cracked my shoulder blade.  All the MDs on the newsgroup should be impressed.  Apparently, the scapula is a pretty stout chunk of bone, and if you crack that, you usually bust everything else; ribs, collar bone, etc…  I should know for sure tomorrow.  The good news, if it isn't cracked, I should be good to in 2 weeks.  (Island Park.) The bad news, if it is cracked, then I'm grounded for 6 weeks.

      Fingers crossed,

      DT

    • Darrel Thomas
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2007

        No snakes or sasquatch.  Just a pile of shit.  I jumped, tripped over a cow pie, then went over onto another frozen pie, taking it square in the shoulder blade.  It might as well have been made of granite the way it felt.  It took a few minutes to get the pain down and my breath back, but then I thought I would be fine.  But the next attempt at jumping proved that was not the case.  When I went to bring the kite back, pulling down hard on the right, it felt like someone knifed me in the back. That’s when I heard the call of the warm truck and the cold beer, and figured that was the place to be.

        DT

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2007
          did that happen just before we honked and left?
          You were down for a while, on the hill, eddy was downwind talking with you.....
          We were watching you (I was  firefighter emt for  a long time, and was about to POUNCE, but you were still flying your kite, and Eddy was just standing there.....) it seemed strange, but we we thought everything was okay.
          You know us x-firefighter types, always trying to give mouth-2-mouth every chance we get.

          On Dec 3, 2007 9:21 PM, Darrel Thomas <darrelthomas@...

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2007
            What a shitty deal....good thing you stopped after the second jump and didn't try a turd....

            Dr. Binegar could probably prescribe the best pain meds for pooh blunt force trauma....

            Hope its not cracked....

            Jon