venders

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007
      So I purchased a bunch of stuff from www.windwizards.com online, good prices...
      1) shipped slow, took my money, I got the stuff 13 days later
      2) helmet was wrong color
      3) harness was camo, not grey/black
      4) their website ordering system gave me 5 barpads when i ordered 1, they did fix this after I emailed them, before the order was shipped.

      Anyway, I'm sending it all back, the guy is being nice about it, so that is good.  Hopefully they refund my money.

      What vendors do you guys recommend?  At this point, I just need the following:  Helmet, harness, bar, bar pad.

      <|v
      / >

      <|}\
      / >

      <@>
       / \
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007

        Dave,

        I can get you the Harness and any kiting stuff.

        As far as Helmets I can get the Predator lineup if you know what size you need.  www.windzup.com

        Eddy

        863-6966

        Gear Daddy LLC

        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007
          you want to talk styles/colors/prices online or offline?
          I tried an XL and it was a bit snug.  So XL or XXL, head circ is 23 1/4" (with shaved head) figure 23 1/2" with hair.

          I'm going for the ever fashionable "all black" look this year, so I prefer black and/or slate (no jokes about the pink kite please).

            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007

              Give me a shout when you can

              863-6966

              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007

                I have a Big head too.  NO JOKES PLEASE!!!!

                Anyway the Predator lineup is on the small size like most helmet companies…Not a whole lot of large brained individuals get into these dangerous sports, I guess they are smarter than me.

                I found a Giro XXL Helmet all Black with headphones for $29.99 at Ross.  Last year close-out Rag $129,   but you can not have it.  Good luck on the helmet thing it took me a long time to find one as well.

                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007

                  Dave,

                  I agree with you on size. I’m looking into availability as we speak.  Price is $120 with bar

                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007
                    harness + load distributing bar = 120?  Does that include the pad, I would like a pad.
                    Do you have a picture or brand/model name?  Fashion is very important :)

                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007

                      Dave,

                      XL: 36-40”

                      XXL: 40-44”

                      Your call.

                      I think either will work

                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007
                        xxl

                        On Nov 27, 2007 10:53 AM, Gear Daddy, LLC <geardaddy@...> wrote:

                        Dave,

                        XL: 36-40"

                        XXL: 40-44"

                        Your call.

                        I think either will work

                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007
                          come on guys! please take your diaper fixing conversation off the user group.  i hope it fits! dave check out mystic harnesses and appreal. they have helmets, harnesses, gloves, etc....

                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                          From: geardaddy@...
                          Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:53:26 -0700

                          Dave,

                          XL: 36-40”

                          XXL: 40-44”

                          Your call.

                          I think either will work

[...]

                          Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate. Join in!
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007
                            XXL is a BIG harness.  I have seen Jay's.  Unless you are a Clydesdale, like him, you may want to go XL.

                            No offense Jay.

                            Why doesn't someone let Dave try on their size before he drops the cash.

                            M.T.C.W.

                            -Jason

                            To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                            From: geardaddy@cableone. net
                            Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:53:26 -0700

                            Dave,

                            XL: 36-40”

                            XXL: 40-44”

                            Your call.

                            I think either will work

                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007
                              sorry man, i gave eddy the choice :)  I'm new, just goin with the flow :)

                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              From: geardaddy@...
                              Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:53:26 -0700

                              Dave,

                              XL: 36-40"

                              XXL: 40-44"

                              Your call.

                              I think either will work

                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007

                                Eddy,

                                What about the bar pads?  They had them in Padre, but I did not get a chance to try one.  Seems like a good idea to me?  Any thoughts and water vs snow with these pads?

                                William G Binegar, MD

                                Pain Medicine-Board Certified

                                Anesthesiology-Board Certified

                                Medical Director

                                Pain Care Boise

                                301 W. Myrtle

                                Boise, ID   83702

                                Office: 208.342.8200 | Fax: 208.342.8202

                                www.paincareboise.com

                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 27, 2007

                                  I’ve never really felt a need for the bar pad on the Fusion harness because it already has a built in cumber bun type pad, but if you want one I can get them

                                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* **

                                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ***

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 28, 2007
                                    Too late XXL is inbound.
                                    I am a Clydesdale (In triathlon terms, I am a Clydesdale + 40 pounds)

                                    On Nov 27, 2007 11:26 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...

                                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: geardaddy@...
                                    Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:53:26 -0700

                                    Dave,

                                    XL: 36-40"

                                    XXL: 40-44"

                                    Your call.

                                    I think either will work

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 28, 2007
                                      I really really like my mystic warrior it is really nice. It does not
                                      shift or anything and it is stiff so when you are doing inverted
                                      stuff or kite loops hooked in it does not do anything weird. Other
                                      cool thing is were the knife is placed (Much more convenient than the
                                      dakine harnesses)
                                      Oh and the back support in it is nice I have a bad back and it really
                                      helps. Umm other than that I am happy with it everything is well
                                      thought out on it. I got my harness for $130 harness pad and spreader
                                      bar.

                                      Get a piece of string out and measure your waist.
                                      Sizing on the warrior is.

                                      XSmall (28-30" Waist)
                                      Small (30-32" Waist)
                                      Medium (32-34" Waist)
                                      Large (34-36" Waist)
                                      XLarge (36-40" Waist)

                                      http://mystickiteboarding.com/

                                      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...> wrote:

                                      > come on guys! please take your diaper fixing conversation off the
                                      user group. i hope it fits! dave check out mystic harnesses and
                                      appreal. they have helmets, harnesses, gloves, etc....

                                      > To: snowkiteidaho@...: geardaddy@...: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:53:26 -
                                      0700Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] venders

                                      > Dave,
                                      >
                                      > XL: 36-40"
                                      > XXL: 40-44"
                                      >
                                      > Your call.
                                      >
                                      > I think either will work
                                      >

                                      > From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                      [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of DaveSent:
                                      Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:26 AMTo: snowkiteidaho@...: Re:
                                      [snowkiteidaho] venders

                                      > One other thing, I have a 38-40 waist, your waist harness barely
                                      opened up to fit me last week, I assume it is was a Large? If it was
                                      an XL, then I will definitely require a XXL with snow pants on. I
                                      prefer a full bottom enclosed harness, not waist, but I know nothing,
                                      convince me why I'm wrong if you like :)

                                      > On Nov 27, 2007 9:24 AM, Dave <jaunemaillot@...> wrote:
                                      > you want to talk styles/colors/prices online or offline?I tried an
                                      XL and it was a bit snug. So XL or XXL, head circ is 23 1/4" (with
                                      shaved head) figure 23 1/2" with hair.I'm going for the ever
                                      fashionable "all black" look this year, so I prefer black and/or
                                      slate (no jokes about the pink kite please).

                                      > On Nov 27, 2007 9:09 AM, Gear Daddy, LLC <geardaddy@...> wrote:
                                      >

                                      > Dave,
                                      >
                                      > I can get you the Harness and any kiting stuff.
                                      >
                                      > As far as Helmets I can get the Predator lineup if you know what
                                      size you need. www.windzup.com

                                      > Eddy
                                      > 863-6966
                                      > Gear Daddy LLC
                                      >

                                      > From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                      [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of DaveSent:
                                      Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:19 AMTo: snowkiteidaho@...:
                                      [snowkiteidaho] venders

                                      Helmet, harness, bar, bar pad.-- o<|v/ > o<|}\/ > O <@> / \

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 28, 2007
                                        Hey Jon....

                                        good to hear from you.  I thought about picking up one of these since all I have now is a seat harness (fusion) which I REALLY like.  However, I wonder what jumping with a waist harness vs a seat is like.

                                        I have heard the stiff mystic harness can be pretty Unforgiving to the ribs when crashing sideways.  I took a couple spills this year in Hood River where I landed on my side and was sore for a few days.  What's your take?

                                        Have you been out to the coast lately?  Is it too cold now?

                                        -Jason

                                        I really really like my mystic warrior it is really nice. It does not
                                        shift or anything and it is stiff so when you are doing inverted
                                        stuff or kite loops hooked in it does not do anything weird. Other
                                        cool thing is were the knife is placed (Much more convenient than the
                                        dakine harnesses)
                                        Oh and the back support in it is nice I have a bad back and it really
                                        helps. Umm other than that I am happy with it everything is well
                                        thought out on it. I got my harness for $130 harness pad and spreader
                                        bar.

                                        Get a piece of string out and measure your waist.
                                        Sizing on the warrior is.

                                        XSmall (28-30" Waist)
                                        Small (30-32" Waist)
                                        Medium (32-34" Waist)
                                        Large (34-36" Waist)
                                        XLarge (36-40" Waist)

                                        http://mystickitebo arding.com/

                                        --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@.. .> wrote:

                                        > come on
                                        guys! please take your diaper fixing conversation off the
                                        user group. i hope it fits! dave check out mystic harnesses and
                                        appreal. they have helmets, harnesses, gloves, etc....

                                        > To: snowkiteidaho@ ...:
                                        geardaddy@.. .: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:53:26 -
                                        0700Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] venders

                                        > Dave,
                                        >
                                        > XL: 36-40"
                                        > XXL: 40-44"

                                        Your call.

                                        href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                                        o<|v/ > o<|}\/ > O<@> / \

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 29, 2007
                                          I hear the coast water is warm air cold, southern currents make the
                                          water warm clear and blue!! They kite year around there. I plan on
                                          going as soon as eclipse gets me my kites and bars. Yes I am
                                          sponsored by them. (By the way I would probably not be as good as I
                                          am with out eddy he gave me a board that I could actually do tricks
                                          on thank you very much.)
                                          Jumping in a seat is a lot easier because you have a lower center of
                                          gravity and you can sit it out, in a waist it takes a little to get
                                          use to. I have eaten it really hard before with a waist and it helps
                                          I think like when I kite at floras I ride with a lot of speed in my
                                          tricks and I go head over heals sometimes or I will skip like 3 or 4
                                          times, and I think the waist helps when crashing your back wont twist
                                          weird and stuff.

                                          I have heard about that I was actually talking to Jon from windwing
                                          the other day and he was saying like tucker and some other guys have
                                          cracked or broke ribs when landing really weird. My question is why
                                          is Ruben not breaking ribs? He is landing really powered and eating
                                          it really hard and he seems to have not broken anything.

                                          p.s hawk you wanna go ride some storm waves with me LOL maybe you
                                          will do better. LOL ill show you haw to time the waves :P

                                          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Brickner"
                                          <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                                          > Hey Jon....
                                          >
                                          > good to hear from you. I thought about picking up one of these
                                          since all I
                                          > have now is a seat harness (fusion) which I REALLY like. However,
                                          I wonder
                                          > what jumping with a waist harness vs a seat is like.
                                          >
                                          > I have heard the stiff mystic harness can be pretty Unforgiving to
                                          the ribs
                                          > when crashing sideways. I took a couple spills this year in Hood
                                          River
                                          > where I landed on my side and was sore for a few days. What's your
                                          take?

                                          > Have you been out to the coast lately? Is it too cold now?
                                          >
                                          > -Jason
                                          >
                                          > _____

                                        • hawkicd11
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 29, 2007
                                            i would love that john. next spring it will be on, hopefully we can
                                            meet in newport a few times....

                                            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "kiterguuy" <kiterguuy@...>

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 30, 2007

                                              Jon you met Dimi yet?

                                              Tell him I said Hi !

                                              <jasonbrickner@ ...> wrote:

                                              > Hey Jon....
                                              >
                                              > good to hear from you. I thought about picking up one of these
                                              since all I
                                              > have now is a seat harness (fusion) which I REALLY like. However,
                                              I wonder
                                              > what jumping with a waist harness vs a seat is like.
                                              >
                                              > I have heard the stiff mystic harness can be pretty Unforgiving to
                                              the ribs
                                              > when crashing sideways. I took a couple spills this year in
                                              w:st="on"> Hood

                                              href="http://mystickiteboarding.com/">http://mystickitebo arding.com/> arding.com/

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Nov 30, 2007
                                                John and Dimitri go way back... watch that video of Dimitri
                                                kitesurfing the hurricane. you can see John doing triple handle
                                                passes in the background :)

                                                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Nov 30, 2007
                                                  It is threw the local shop here but technically I am sponsored by
                                                  them so yeah it is cool. No I have not met him yet. I will be sure to
                                                  tell him though if i ever do.

                                                  Talk the talk what!!
                                                  Ryan come on down here to whiskey and lets kite some 15ft surf in 6m
                                                  condition, with wave timings at 6-9 seconds. Or we will go to floras
                                                  and we will have a fun freestyle session. LOL

                                                  Eddy have you flown the thrusters yet? I will be sure to post reviews
                                                  on the 8 when I get it then I should be getting a 12 in a month or
                                                  two.