how do i hook up the strings?

  • David
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 17, 2007
      My Pansh kite arrived yesterday.
      No instructions were included, not that I expected any :)

      How do I hook up the included handles?
      How do I connect the lines to the kite?
      Red for right?
      I thought I saw someone using red for middle....

      And the handles have blue and red lines on them....
      i assume i hook red lines to red parts on handles
      and blue lines to blue parts on handles?

      HELP :)

      Thanks,
      Dave
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 17, 2007
        Dave
        did you get the airlink , blaze, blaze 11 , legend , or ace , and what size .? Normally the lines are color coded . and the knots are reversed (or edit proof )  here is a diagram .Steve

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 17, 2007
          This is my first big kite (I've previously been using a Prism P3) so i went CHEAP.
          $132 shipped, it is the Legend :) Oh yeah, I know you are all jealous about my PINK kite!
          :)  But seriously, I'm a big guy, and I'll probably be moving up in size (And quality) at some point.
          I just wanted something to train with, and not freak out about if i destroy it.

          http://www.panshkite.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=43&productname=

          Thanks for your help.  Really appreciate it.
          Dave

          On Nov 17, 2007 11:54 AM, Steve Linane <stevelinane@...

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 17, 2007

            Internationally Red is on Left old marine saying: ”Stay Right of Red”

            However you can rig it either way. I like my red on Right b/c I just think “Red Right”

            I had the first Pink kite in town, so you lose!

            Good luck with you Pansh, Check & adjust your line lengths frequently, also keep eye on Bridle Stretch more difficult to fix. There were 3 of those in the park the other day…WOW… we are being invaded…lol

            Wait to you get your hands on a de-power-able kite. Don’t hurt your self in the mean time.

            Eddy

            On Nov 17, 2007 11:54 AM, Steve Linane <stevelinane@ clearwire. net

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 18, 2007
                So the red lines are pretty simple, no problem.
                but the green lines have me scratching my head.
                there is a long black line coming off the green line from the kite.... I just attached the green string to the black line, but the knot isn't large like the others, this can't be correct...
                Is this black line just used to get the lengths correct?  Am I expected to tie my own large knot on the black line in the appropriate spot?

                Thanks,
                Dave

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 18, 2007

                  The long Black line is what you will do your adjustments on.  The lines you have are probably not identical. So you can adjust the lengths of the lines as the kite flies differently.

                  If you need some help fine tuning the kite, let me know.

                  Eddy

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 18, 2007
                    should the larger diameter lines (I just noticed the green lines are twice the diameter of the red lines) go to the leading edge?

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 18, 2007

                      Yes large dia lines up front