Re: [snowkiteidaho] hair brained

  • Tom Cavaiani
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2005
      Darrell,
      I have kiteboarded at three places near Bogus Basin.  All three are well exposed, fairly flat areas, at about 7000 ft elevation.  Problem is you must walk to these spots and they might get a bit crowded with more than 3 kiters.  One spot is near Mores Mountain (you can see it from the Superior Chair if you look over your shoulder).  The other two are near Deer Point.  Both require a ride up the Deer Point Chair (when it is running) or a fairly long uphill slog.  Both areas are out of bounds.  What I am saying is that you "really gotta want it" if you kite at these spots.  On the other hand it saves about 1 hour of driving.  Another obvious problem now is that since Bogus is closed, making access even more difficult.  There are other options for accessing these spots, but parking is a problem.

      I know I haven't painted a very pretty picture of these areas, but they do hold some potential once the ski area opens up.

      Tom

      >>> darrelthomas@... 11/08/05 9:37 AM >>>
      Forecast is for light wind now.  Not planning on going, unless this
      changes.