1rst hair-brained expedition

  • Darrel Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2005
      Jay and I are hatching a plan to kite tomorrow. (Tues)

      I was up at Banner Ridge Park-n_Ski on Saturday.  There was 15+ inches of snow.  Sunday, Moores Crk weather station reported 20, which dropped back to 16 due to rain yesterday.  Last night's snow, along with today's has brought it back to 20.  The forecast for tonight is "Heavy snow Warning."  Probability of Meas.  Precip is 90%, accumulations of up to 4" by tomorrow afternoon.  Wind remains questionable; forecast is currently for 6, gusting to 20.  Hopefully that will improve as we get closer.

      At the top of the pass before dropping in to Lowman is a fairly clear ridge line, that I have often thought about kiting.  The real bitch is I can't go 'till 2:30 and it is approx 1.5 - 2hrs drive time, and sunset is 5:30.  That means only an hour to play.

      For current info:

      Mores Crk Weather sta: http://raws.wrh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/roman/meso_base.cgi?stn=MRKI1

      Let me know
      Darrel Thomas