Re: kiteschool

  • kiterguuy
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 6, 2005
      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas"
      <darrelthomas@c...> wrote:im thinking water i dont really like snow
      kiteing but yea those ideas are cool

      > Now we have two.
      >
      > Eddy, Geardaddy, has always been teaching on a limited basis.
      >
      > aparently, we now have another a kiteschool. At the ski swap
      yesterday, surprise surprise there was a kiting booth! Stopped and
      talked to the guy. He seems alright.

      willing to cometo your area for a 3-4 day kite camp. Another
      alternative would be a kite camp at Georgetown Lake. Drop me a line at
      montanakitesports@y... for info. Also, we may be hosting a PASA
      instructors clinic if someone is interested in getting certified.
      Think snow!

      Keith

      > how many of u kiters think we should try hard to get some youngsters
      > in the sporrt i can probley convence jim bison to start a kite
      school
      > in boise it wont be that hard i think but what whold u think about a
      > kiteschool in boise araea

      Service.

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 11, 2005
        Count Right now:
        Eddy
        Darrel
        Jay ( will not be returning to Boise )
        Steve
        Jon

        Possibilities:
        Greg
        Ryan
        Jason
        Phil

        I plan on Taking my truck since I will have a roof box, a big trunk and another rack on the rear deck. We should be able to load everyone's gear & carry 5 people. Leaving Friday afternoon Returning Monday night
        >   Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple
        travel sites in one click.

        an email to:

        >     c..  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
        to the Yahoo! Terms of
        Service.

      • Darrel Thomas
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 12, 2005
          If we get more people, I can take my Saturn, which gets 35mpg

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 17, 2005
            Jason Brickner here...  I am going to be making sales calls in South Eastern Idaho the week before.  I have received clearnace from the mothership (wife) for the weekend.  Is it too late to join in the fun.  This would be my first snowkiting experience.

            Who can I call to get the details?

            P.S.  If anyone needs a ride back Sunday afternoon, this is when I intend to go back to Boise.

            Thanks

            Jason Brickner
            Home - 336-7366
            Work - 384-0132

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 27, 2005
              OK here's the Deal!!

              At last Count here is who has confirmed a spot to go to Skyline snowkite festival Leaving Boise on Friday Dec 2:
              Eddy, Darrel, Ryan, Andrew(Monty),
              Jason will be working in E.Idaho and will meet us there on Saturday, He will return on Sunday if anyone wants to leave before Monday afternoon.

              Still Positive but not confirmed:
              Steve, Jay, Jon

              Possibilities:
              Hawk, Gregg

              I've got one more trip to WA leaving Monday afternoon returning Wed nite. I hope!!! But will definitely be here on Thursday.

              The Boat will leave around 4pm on Friday from my house so park your cars over here. We have the option of driving all the way to Fairview or somewhere in between.

              Make sure you touch base with me before Thursday so I can confirm number of cars, and rooms.  Will be Dirt bagging it so bring Sleeping bags and pads if you have them.

              Eddy

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 28, 2005
                Jason here....

                I would like to meet up with you guys on Friday afternoon/evening.  I will be finished with sales calls around 3:00PM on Friday and located somewhere between Idaho Falls and Pocatello. A possible rendevous could be around Tremonton, UT where I84 joins with I15.  Or I could plow on ahead to somewhere near Salt Lake City and get us a room or two.  Let me know.  I will be driving my 95' Volvo Sedan.  I will have room for extra gear/people if you are getting on each others nerves. ;-)

                I plan on leaving Sunday afternoon no later than 2-3PM to get us back to Boise before midnight.

                Let me know...

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 28, 2005
                  We can just play Phone tag Friday evening, bu5t that sounds good

                  Eddy
                  I would like to meet up with you guys on Friday afternoon/evening.  I will be finished with sales calls around 3:00PM on Friday and located somewhere between Idaho Falls and Pocatello. A possible rendevous could be around Tremonton, UT where I84 joins with I15.  Or I could plow on ahead to somewhere near Salt Lake City and get us a room or two.  Let me know.  I will be driving my 95' Volvo Sedan.  I will have room for extra gear/people if you are getting on each others nerves. ;-)

                  I plan on leaving Sunday afternoon no later than 2-3PM to get us back to Boise before midnight.

                  Let me know...

                  I plan on Taking my truck since I will have a roof box, a big trunk and another rack on the rear deck. We should be able to load everyone's gear & carry 5 people. Leaving Friday afternoon Returning Monday night
                  >   Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

                  Service.

                • Bolt, Jon
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 28, 2005
                    Oh, thought I was confirmed.  Consider this confirmation (subject to last minute checks of snow depths & wind probabilities)...

                    Jon

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 28, 2005
                      Glad you're in Jon....  Now someone needs to 'rattle the other two' (Steve & Jay).

                      Jason

                      Oh, thought I was confirmed.  Consider this confirmation (subject to last minute checks of snow depths & wind probabilities)...

                      Jon

                      I plan on Taking my truck since I will have a roof box, a big trunk and another rack on the rear deck. We should be able to load everyone's gear & carry 5 people. Leaving Friday afternoon Returning Monday night
                      >   Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

                      Service.

                    • Tom Cavaiani
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 28, 2005
                        Just talked to my buddy who was in Sun Valley this past weekend.  Looks like it has been raining on the Camas Prairie.  He reported no snow accumulation.  But it sounds like everyone will be having a good time in Utah.  I have other obligations and won't be able to attend.

                        Tom

                        >>> jasonbrickner@... 11/28/05 1:24 PM >>>
                        Glad you're in Jon....  Now someone needs to 'rattle the other two' (Steve & Jay).

                        Jason

                        Oh, thought I was confirmed.  Consider this confirmation (subject to last minute checks of snow depths & wind probabilities)...

                        Jon

                        I plan on Taking my truck since I will have a roof box, a big trunk and another rack on the rear deck. We should be able to load everyone's gear & carry 5 people. Leaving Friday afternoon Returning Monday night
                        >   Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

                        Service.

                      • Greg Schutte
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 28, 2005
                          Eddy:

                          I'm not going to be able to make this weekend. Work is
                          kicking my ass.

                          Greg

                          === message truncated ===

                          Yahoo! Music Unlimited
                          http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
                        • Darrel Thomas
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 30, 2005
                            Don't forget the beer!  Unless, that is, you like 3/2 beer