Re: [snowkiteidaho] Sunday clean up

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 23, 2007
      Sorry I had to bail at last minute guys....The water pump in our water source heatpump went out the day before this and house was without heat night before cleanup....except for the wife who'd supply a winter's worth of heat in a very short period if I'd taken off without tending to this repair.  Got it fixed but missed helping out.

      Jon

      On 10/23/07, Gear Daddy, LLC <geardaddy@...> wrote:

      Clean up went well.

      Ryan, Chris Philp, Jack Harrison, Darrel and myself had the perfect day for cleaning up the snowmobile park area.

      Jack loaded his truck with a mile or so of Barb wire. Darrel and myself built a couple secret kicker jumps and also load truck up with another mile or 2 of scraped barb wire and trash.  By no means did we get it all but we made a great effort, so keep your tips up. The big culvert pipe next to the road jump is moved…SWEET!

      Ryan and Chris did a lot of surveying with markers and shrubbery removal. Lots of windicators and rock locators in place.

      Pray for lots of SNOW!

      Eddy

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 23, 2007
         thats alright jon, we forgive you.  as far as tall bushes go, we trimmed about 60 acres worth. my fore arms and hands are still sore, i can hardly hold a coffee cup.  once the snow starts flying i plan on looking for more suspect bushes for trimming. we opened up alot of terrian, with a few more guys out there we could have a really clean park to play in, even in low snow years.

        cheers, rtw

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 23, 2007
          Hey guys,

          I had kids soccer parties and a cub scouts meetings to attend on Sunday.  My house would have been "HOT" too if I had left.

          I'm sure hoping to make it up there this winter and enjoy all the hard work you guys did.  I'll try and help later or next year.

          Off Topic: Is the wind gustier or smoother up there than a typical lucky peak morning?

          -Jason

          To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 23, 2007
            yeah, yeah, excuses and such. my dog Ichabod had a near fatal case
            of Pancreasitis and I spent all night Sat. at the new emergency
            animal care center off of eagle rd. Great place, good people. Icha
            was on an IV for two days and couldn't have any water or food. Poor
            little guy. I was able to take him home yesterday at 7 pm. No more
            bacon or sausage for the puppus.

            To answer your question. It really depends on the flow. NW is
            usually pretty nice. Definitely not as gusty. Some of the SE flows
            are gusty but alot depends on the terrain and your location. You
            can almost always find a good area if you take the time to look.
            Last Resort and Double barrel are the best for SE. While the Snowmo
            Park and The Big Easy work great with NW.. your gonna freak the
            first time you huck yourself off a big hill. best feeling in the
            world

            hawk

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Brickner"
            <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

            > Hey guys,
            >
            > I had kids soccer parties and a cub scouts meetings to attend on
            Sunday. My
            > house would have been "HOT" too if I had left.
            >
            > I'm sure hoping to make it up there this winter and enjoy all the
            hard work
            > you guys did. I'll try and help later or next year.
            >
            > Off Topic: Is the wind gustier or smoother up there than a typical
            lucky
            > peak morning?
            >
            > -Jason
            >
            > _____