Baja in January...

  • Bolt, Jon
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2005
      Message
      Some of you are aware of this, but to assure no invites are overlooked....

      A few of us are planning about a one week trip to Los Barriles/La Ventana for the week of 16th January.  Departures & returns aren't nailed down yet, but I could depart as early as 12th or 13th, and return as late as 23rd or maybe 24th (depends on what gets most favorable airfare).

      Present vientodores are: myself, Jason Brickner, Brian & Susie Kerr (windsurfers, but Brian has taken kite lessons in past, and wanting to resume learning).  I suspect Steve Linane is also a likely viento bandito for this, too.

      General plan is to fly into Cabo Airport and spend a few days at Los Barriles and a few at La Ventana.  Not sure which we'll head to first.  La Ventana is better for the learners, and once they've had a few days to boost their skills & maybe get to where they can stay upwind, Los Barilles would then be great.  But we could do it other way around, too, because LB is only 1 hr from airport while LV is 3 hrs.

      If you want to go, let me know.  We can share rooms and rental cars, and this keeps the costs pretty darn low.  Depending on where we stay, if we share 2-3 per room, daily lodging is around $25-35.

      Let me know if you wanna hook-in for some great kiting (or windsurfing...gear is available for rent in both places), some GREAT and inexpensive food & drink, and generally great adventure.

      I guarantee the best 'bang-for-the-buck' vacation you've had (other than leaching off a relative of course).

      Jon Bolt
      853-6212 home or 396-2258 work