RE: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday

    Message 1 of 177 , Oct 8, 2007
      Saturday was one of those Magical fall days.  Went by the bridge first.  Wind was 33Mph with gusts to 42Mph.  The river looked like the gorge on a nukin day.  You should have seen the rollers coming up river.  It looked like you could have surfed some of them.  I then drove to CJ where Tom had just gone out on his 4.5 and was nicely powered.  Wind was a bit lower at 28Mph G35Mph.  It was perfect on my 10m C kite.  I kited for nearly 3hours straight with Tom and Steve L.  It was gusty but I didn't care.  It was so windy.  It feels so good kiting when you are fully powered.  I had serveral big wooo-hooo jumps and a couple that I couldn't woo-hoo because I was so damn high I didn't think I was going to come down.  You know the kind that you get up there and another gust hits.  WOW!!!  I had one yardsale at the end of the day where some MONSTER gust came outta nowhere.  I couldn't hold on.  I felt like Steve Austin at the opening of the Six Million Dollar Man (He's breaking up, he's breaking up.....).  It took me a minute to figure out where I was and then retrieve my board.  I figured it was time to come.  I was getting tired.

      Water was much cooler that 2 weeks ago.  Still doable though.  Maybe again this week?

      -Jason

      Message 177 of 177 , Jun 29
        should be good!

        On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 8:35 PM, sortelli@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote: