RE: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday

    Message 1 of 81 , Oct 8, 2007
      Saturday was one of those Magical fall days.  Went by the bridge first.  Wind was 33Mph with gusts to 42Mph.  The river looked like the gorge on a nukin day.  You should have seen the rollers coming up river.  It looked like you could have surfed some of them.  I then drove to CJ where Tom had just gone out on his 4.5 and was nicely powered.  Wind was a bit lower at 28Mph G35Mph.  It was perfect on my 10m C kite.  I kited for nearly 3hours straight with Tom and Steve L.  It was gusty but I didn't care.  It was so windy.  It feels so good kiting when you are fully powered.  I had serveral big wooo-hooo jumps and a couple that I couldn't woo-hoo because I was so damn high I didn't think I was going to come down.  You know the kind that you get up there and another gust hits.  WOW!!!  I had one yardsale at the end of the day where some MONSTER gust came outta nowhere.  I couldn't hold on.  I felt like Steve Austin at the opening of the Six Million Dollar Man (He's breaking up, he's breaking up.....).  It took me a minute to figure out where I was and then retrieve my board.  I figured it was time to come.  I was getting tired.

      Water was much cooler that 2 weeks ago.  Still doable though.  Maybe again this week?

      -Jason

      Message 81 of 81 , Aug 26, 2012
        The big swim is on. Flat flat flat. Bruce n James got back but Chris is way out swimming. Eddy took out student on boat but he will have to go fast to get the kite up. N stay up

        Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

        3sails on the water. They were rippin for a while.

        Gavin Morrison <Gavilan22@...> wrote:

        I was there at 7:20am not one kite, one sail or one white cap, canal was glass....the trees were moving on my way out though so something might be coming back but it could disappear in a second though....take a chance if you've got the gas.....

        CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: geardaddyllc@...
        Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 07:41:50 -0600
        Subject: Re: [BSA] RE: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday

        He is lying.  It's great and not much smoke

        Eddy

        On Aug 26, 2012, at 7:12 AM, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

        No I lied!  Waiting for wind now. :-(

        Best regards,
        Chris Lee

        On Aug 26, 2012, at 6:58 AM, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

        Clouds make it a bit up and down. But it's good at the moment and fair bit warmer than yesterday.

        Best regards,
        Chris Lee

        On Aug 25, 2012, at 5:23 PM, "robbnukebruce" <robbnukebruce@...> wrote:

        I've read that several band members always hated playing "Mr Roboto".

        I think Sunday will be a smokey one, if it blows.