RE: [snowkiteidaho] Island Park instead of Camas?

  • Darrel Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007

      I have driven through there a billion times before the kiting era and a dozen since, but not with my kites when there was snow.  It doesn’t have nearly the terrain as the Camas, but it does get more snow and more wind.  It is a semi-regilar haunt for the Bozeman kiters.  Worth the drive…?   …ehh, for the riding probably not… Too hang out with other kiters for Bozeman, Jackson, Salt Lake and so on, maybe.

      I should mention that there was a bunch of snow on the Galina pass last week.  They probably got 4-6 inches Saturday the 22nd.

      IT’S A COMIN’

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
        We drove through there on the way back from the Cold Smoke Awards in the middle of
        april and the snow was almost gone. I can;t imagine it being any better than Camas, but I
        could make the drive.

        another day another kitesite