RE: [snowkiteidaho] Island Park instead of Camas?

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007

      I met a guy who lives there this weekend. He wants to get into kiting.  He says he sees a few kites there frequently

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007

        I have driven through there a billion times before the kiting era and a dozen since, but not with my kites when there was snow.  It doesn’t have nearly the terrain as the Camas, but it does get more snow and more wind.  It is a semi-regilar haunt for the Bozeman kiters.  Worth the drive…?   …ehh, for the riding probably not… Too hang out with other kiters for Bozeman, Jackson, Salt Lake and so on, maybe.

        I should mention that there was a bunch of snow on the Galina pass last week.  They probably got 4-6 inches Saturday the 22nd.

        IT’S A COMIN’

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
          We drove through there on the way back from the Cold Smoke Awards in the middle of
          april and the snow was almost gone. I can;t imagine it being any better than Camas, but I
          could make the drive.

          another day another kitesite