Re: [snowkiteidaho] weekend

  • tony williams
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 24, 2007
      Glad you had a good weekend,
      I had good luck as well,  Kited at LP on Sat from 8-9:15 and then at Cascade on Sun.
      It was cold but it was the best wind I have had this summer. I was there for an hour and a half and I never and I mean not once even while setting up or putting away did I feel a gust.  The wind was constant. probably never varied more then a couple miles an hour and no gusts.  Too bad it was so freekin cold.  After 40 minutes, I could no longer feel my fingers.  When I wrapped my lines up I honestly could not feel the lines with the tips of my fingers.  But I was too happy to care.  Went out at the spot at the south end of the submerged old highway, right next to Sugarloaf. It was really flat water in the little bay and a little bit choppy out by the Island.
      Cheers
      TW
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 25, 2007

        Got up to the lake very late this morning…waited for the sun to hit the water and warm things up a little. I was on the water ~9:30 and played for an hour.

        Only reason I came in was 3 of the 4 dogs I brought with me disappeared and I had to go find them.  Tsu stayed with me out at Brickner Beach which is now the only logical place to launch and the sand bar is starting to get fully developed. ( Lot of fun to jump the corner and land back in the flat water behind it)  Psyc lead the Revolution followed by new puppy Mammatus and Johnny’s dog Georgie.  My 2 dogs headed back towards truck and I have no idea where Georgie went but 1.5 hrs later I found her and the wind was still blowing.

        Left lake at 11:15 and it was still kite-able, and definitely warmer.

        The next couple days should be good, but if you plan on going out before 9 wear a hood and gloves. I was fine after 9 and the temp was 48 degrees.

        CYA tomorrow,

        Eddy

      • Darrel Thomas
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008

          I checked with the moose.  She said Saturday should be alright with Easterlies in the afternoon, maybe a little snow.  Snowing Saturday night. Sunday probably not much wind.  Keep an eye on Monday.

          cid:image001.gif@01C83650.9D13E730Darrel

        • Darrel Thomas
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 20 4:19 AM

            Sat and Sun are both looking pretty promising.  Maybe windier Sunday

            cid:image001.gif@01C83650.9D13E730Darrel