RE: [snowkiteidaho] Wind meter at the Camas

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 18, 2007

      Because it is a turn off to Pine

      From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Steve Linane
      Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:06 AM
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Wind meter at the Camas

      Are why calling it Pine turn off ?

      ----- Original Message -----

      Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:42 AM

      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Wind meter at the Camas

      Good news guys, Ben sent me the link to the new wind meter located at the Maintence building.

      I wonder if I should share it….right now it is blowing out of the west at 16….

      http://itd.idaho. gov/Apps/ RWIDS_Public/ default.asp? display=currentW eather&view=statewide

      The name of the site is “pine turnoff RWIS

      How sweet it is……………………

      I will get it linked to the snowkiteidaho site soon

    • tony williams
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 18, 2007
        Who cares, As long as it keeps me from wasting an hour drive out and an hour back you can call it anything you want.  I call it a blessing.

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 18, 2007
          Did anyone head out to LP this morning.  It looked good but COLD.

          I'm starting to get the 'shakes'.  I need a fix.

          -Jason

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 18, 2007
            I don't care what thy call it either I just wonted to know if I was looking at the rite one , but you answered my question . Jason it looked like wind but too cold for me .

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 18, 2007
              Jason, I was at the dam a little late, about 07:45 and I wasn't sure it was gonna go. I rigged my largest windsurfer sail (7.7m) and it started ripping. I called Eddy and said "get up here!", but he was scared. I was all alone and overpowered until I was all funned out about 09:30. As I drove across the dam it was still on at 09:45. The only time I was cold was taking off my wetsuit, the water is so warm still. Westy

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 18, 2007

                There’s a camera there too!  WAY Cool!

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 20, 2007