snow park clean up

  • Ryan Wait
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 11, 2007
      hello boys and girls, i want to let all snowkiters know that I have set a date to clean up malcomsen snow park in the camas valley. i was able to convince the mtn home snowmobilers club to join us. they are the ones with the key to the gate, they maintain the bathrooms, and the warming hut.  my plan is to remove loose strands of barbed wire, cut down tall trees(dead ones), place some flags at rock out crops, put plastic caps on some of the lone fence post, etc....
      I really want a good turn out so please free up your schedules!!!!!

      LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN MAKE IT, I BRING ENOUGH FOOD!

      PLUS IT GIVES US KITERS A CHANCE TO TALK ABOUT SAFETY WITH THE SLED HEADS.

      SUNDAY OCTOBER 21ST, 2007
      10:30AM @ SNOWMOBILE PARK
      BBQ AT 3:00PM @ WARMING HUT.

      BRING TRASH BAGS, SHEARS, SHOVELS, CHAINS SAWS, BULLDOSERS, TNT.... YOU GET THE IDEA.

      THANKS LOTS, RTW

      Share your special parenting moments!
    • Whitney Rearick
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 11, 2007
        Ryan -

        Thanks heaps for putting this together!  I'll be on the right coast and won't be able to make it, but I think this is brilliant.  Way to go -

        whit

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 11, 2007

          Sounds like an awesome idea. I’m in!  I should be able to get a 4 wheeler and trailer to haul out junk.

          I don’t have any TNT…RIGHT NOW!!!!

          Eddy

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 11, 2007

            Ryan,

            I should be able to make it, unless my son has a hockey game that weekend.  They are not quite as organized as you are.  Thanks for getting this set up!

            Bill

            William G Binegar, MD

            Pain Medicine-Board Certified

            Anesthesiology-Board Certified

            Medical Director

            Pain Care Boise

            301 W. Myrtle

            Boise, ID   83702

            Office: 208.342.8200 | Fax: 208.342.8202

            www.paincareboise.com

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 11, 2007

              I hope I can do it. I have a couple other things that weekend, but I will try my damnedest  .

              I think this is A REALLY IMPORTANT project.

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 12, 2007
                Ryan, terrific initiative hombre !

                If I am in town, I will definitely make it.  A friend and I have been planning some travel and his schedule requires it to start in latter part of October sometime, but if it's after 21st, I'll be there.

                Thanks.

                Jon

                On 9/11/07, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...> wrote:

[...]

              • tony williams
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 12, 2007
                  Sounds good, I will try and hitch a ride there myself.
                  But don't give up on the water kiting yet,  Last 2 days have been excellent wind at LP only eddie and myself today and us and Jon B yesterday.  Hope it happens on the weekend so I don't have to quit so soon to get to work. Saw the boss look at the clock when I came in today.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 13, 2007
                    Yo,

                    Good idea--as probably the newest kiter out there those sharp posts and
                    barb wires got me wondering how long before I poke my eye out, or
                    worse. I'll rally as many as I can for the project and plan on slaving
                    my fingers to the bone.

                    BTW, how was the Coast? I had a brief session at CJ on Sunday 'round 3-
                    5pm, but winds were super light, but the new board works great!

                    Latro,

                    J.Mac
                  • kiterguuy
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 13, 2007
                      come on shaveing your finger to the bone is fun --- In
                      snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "solarcyclops" <solarcyclops@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Yo,
                      >
                      > Good idea--as probably the newest kiter out there those sharp posts
                      and
                      > barb wires got me wondering how long before I poke my eye out, or
                      > worse. I'll rally as many as I can for the project and plan on
                      slaving
                      > my fingers to the bone.
                      >
                      > BTW, how was the Coast? I had a brief session at CJ on
                      Sunday 'round 3-
                      > 5pm, but winds were super light, but the new board works great!
                      >
                      > Latro,
                      >
                      > J.Mac

                    • Ryan Wait
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 11, 2007
                        dont forget boys and girls!!!  SUNDAY OCTOBER 21ST. AT 10:30AM IS THE SNOW PARK CLEAN UP/ JUMP BUILDING DAY. I WILL BRING BRATS,BURGERS, ROLLS, AND THE FIXINGS. WE WILL BBQ AROUND 3:00PM.   I THINK WE SHOULD MEET AT THE ALBERTSONS PARKING LOT AT 8:45AM AND CAR POOL IF NEEDED. WE WILL NEED SHOVELS, HACK SAWS, HEDGE CLIPPERS, DIG BARS, ETC...  I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO CAP THE RANDOM STEEL FENCE POSTS WITH A COFFEE CAN, OR SOMETHING BLUNT, TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BECOMING A HUMAN KABOB. I WILL BRING SOME BAMBOO WANDS WITH COLORFUL FLAGGING ON THEM, TO MARK ROCK OUT CROPS, AND OTHER HAZARDS.  IF YOU HAVE A HAND HELD RADIO PLEASE BRING IT SO THAT WE CAN TALK TO EACH OTHER.

                        IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OF SUGGESTIONS LET ME KNOW.

                        THANKS EVERYBODY

                        RYAN WAITE
                        208-794-8641
                        ryanwait@...

                      • Dr. Binegar

                          dont forget boys and girls!!!  SUNDAY OCTOBER 21ST. AT 10:30AM IS THE SNOW PARK CLEAN UP/ JUMP BUILDING DAY. I WILL BRING BRATS,BURGERS, ROLLS, AND THE FIXINGS. WE WILL BBQ AROUND 3:00PM.   I THINK WE SHOULD MEET AT THE ALBERTSONS PARKING LOT AT 8:45AM AND CAR POOL IF NEEDED. WE WILL NEED SHOVELS, HACK SAWS, HEDGE CLIPPERS, DIG BARS, ETC...  I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO CAP THE RANDOM STEEL FENCE POSTS WITH A COFFEE CAN, OR SOMETHING BLUNT, TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BECOMING A HUMAN KABOB. I WILL BRING SOME BAMBOO WANDS WITH COLORFUL FLAGGING ON THEM, TO MARK ROCK OUT CROPS, AND OTHER HAZARDS.  IF YOU HAVE A HAND HELD RADIO PLEASE BRING IT SO THAT WE CAN TALK TO EACH OTHER.

                          IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OF SUGGESTIONS LET ME KNOW.

                          THANKS EVERYBODY

                          RYAN WAITE
                          208-794-8641
                          ryanwait@hotmail. com

                          Peek-a-boo FREE Tricks Treats for You! Get 'em!

                        • tony williams
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 12, 2007
                            Sorry Ryan, it sounds fun and much needed but I will be in Grangeville that weekend.  If you have some spots left over that you don't get too, I don't mind going out myself and do some cleanup and burying of loose barbwire.
                            Cheers