kiteing

  • kiterguuy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
      what is the best seson for kiteing at lucky peak
    • Tom Cavaiani
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
        Personally I think the fall is the best season, because the winds seem to be more consistent.  Summer is good because it is warmer, but the wind picks up the best at sunrise, which is usually about 5:30 to 6am.  Too early for me.

        Launching in the summer is a problem, depending upon the wind direction.  It can be done at Barclay Bay.  I have done it once, and not been able to get upwind as far as I would have liked to.  Eddie, Steve, and Jon do it all the time and have good luck getting up wind.  I usually walk or boat around to the cove, which is upwind, and water launch from there.  In the fall when the water is down, there is clean wind and big beaches, just a short walk from Turner boat ramp.  I prefer taking the walk to have a clean launch.

        Tom

        >>> kiterguuy@... 11/01/05 2:11 PM >>>

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Cavaiani" <tcavaiani@b...>
          wrote:thanks alot ill se u on the water some time

          > Personally I think the fall is the best season, because the winds
          seem to be more consistent. Summer is good because it is warmer, but
          the wind picks up the best at sunrise, which is usually about 5:30 to
          6am. Too early for me.

          > Launching in the summer is a problem, depending upon the wind
          direction. It can be done at Barclay Bay. I have done it once, and
          not been able to get upwind as far as I would have liked to. Eddie,
          Steve, and Jon do it all the time and have good luck getting up wind.
          I usually walk or boat around to the cove, which is upwind, and water
          launch from there. In the fall when the water is down, there is clean
          wind and big beaches, just a short walk from Turner boat ramp. I
          prefer taking the walk to have a clean launch.

          > Tom

          > what is the best seson for kiteing at lucky peak

          > Outdoor recreation Idaho Recreation vehicles Outdoors Recreation
          jobs Recreation jobs
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > Visit your group "snowkiteidaho" on the web.

        • kiterguuy
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "kiterguuy" <kiterguuy@y...>
            wrote:hey look up mini max 50s style hydroplane thell do the job of
            futin u and youre kite gerar to other launchs there pertty cool and
            really fun when theres no wind