gorge report......... Also looking for a used big board 140+ x 40+

  • Ryan Wait
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 6, 2007
      hey boy's did a screaming fast trip to the gorge this weekend. drove to rufus friday night then kited  there all day sat. a little light to start, but it turned into ten meter weather. then rolled over to spit which is  now 40 acres larger than last year!!! it was 6-8m weather at spit all day on sat. then the same thing on sunday. i put up my 12m with 20m lines @ 75% depowered and was just fine. lots of people thought i was crazy, i just said "i'm an idaho kiter, thats how were ride!"  got 2+ hours of riding and then drove home. short but sooo sweet!

      rtw.....

      ps.. anyone have a light wind board for a guy that is 230 lbs????????

      Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes!
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 6, 2007
        I'm willing to part with my large Crazy Fly it is a 148x48 ... the one I'm always on when you guys are cursing on the beach.

        $400 even comes with a small nose ding. It is really a sweet ride and opens a whole new world of riding opportunities. Brad was riding it in 7-10 mph in Cascade on Saturday. I can ride it in anything above 8mph

        GD

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2007
          Hey Ryan....

          1)  I'm thinkin' of heading to gorge Wednesday and staying thru weekend.  Interested?

          2)  Do you have a cargo box for your Subaru?  Did you find a box that will fit on the factory racks while still allowing the hatch back to fully open w/o hitting the cargo box?  If so, what brand/model of box?

          Jon

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2007

            jon, most thule(tool-lee) boxes should fit your factory rack. however i had to modify my box by drilling one more hole in  the bottom of the box.  if you need to borrow mine you are more than welcome to. i cant leave town this weekend so i dont need it.

            maybe see you at lp tues morning?

            RTW

            From: "Jon Bolt" <idakiteman@...>
            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 17:39:31 -0600

            Hey Ryan....

            On 8/6/07, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@hotmail. com> wrote:

            hey boy's did a screaming fast trip to the gorge this weekend. drove to rufus friday night then kited  there all day sat. a little light to start, but it turned into ten meter weather. then rolled over to spit which is  now 40 acres larger than last year!!! it was 6-8m weather at spit all day on sat. then the same thing on sunday. i put up my 12m with 20m lines @ 75% depowered and was just fine. lots of people thought i was crazy, i just said "i'm an idaho kiter, thats how were ride!"  got 2+ hours of riding and then drove home. short but sooo sweet!

            rtw.....

            ps.. anyone have a light wind board for a guy that is 230 lbs????????

            Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes!

            See what you�re getting into�before you go there

                From: "Jon Bolt" <idakiteman@...>
                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 17:39:31 -0600

                Hey Ryan....

              • bbinegar@paincareboise.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 7, 2007
                  Where were you in Cascade?

                • geardaddy@cableone.net
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 8, 2007
                    North of Cascade near sugar Loaf Boat Launch

                    On Tue Aug 7 16:34 , bbinegar@... sent:

                    Where were you in Cascade?

                    Msg sent via CableONE.net MyMail - http://www.cableone.net