Smokey & light wind

  • geardaddy@cableone.net, LLC
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
      6:50am do able might get better

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
        I tired to send this at 7 am so I'm not sure the email thing is a great idea
        maybe it was just this time I'll try again tomorrow.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
          Got your wind message at 10:46AM.  Maybe due to the fact I was flying to Portland.

          Man... I would not have thought that LP would have worked this morning with the strong NW in Mountain Home.  We also took off to the west meaning there were no easterlies coming from the reservoir.  What funky wind this year.  Must be that gosh darn global warming.  How was the launch (i.e. water level/rocks)?

          -Jason

            No kidding....I think this story about wind this morning is a bunch of bird crap from Eddy's little bird !!!

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
              No, we got to play...As I drove up the canyon the flag at the diversion dam was going towards the lake. but as I crossed the LP dam it was white capping.

              I would have turned around had I not had a lesson scheduled for Bill, but since he was already there and said there was wind I headed up.

              Wind existed only from Dam to top of view point and at times it was punchy, but I was on the 13 and Bill was using it also with no problems.

              Water level ... the big drop is starting to show and I imagine that we are done at Barclay after this weekend. Water is dropping fast.

              Wind forecast looks like tomorrow should work but I don't want to jinks it. I'll be there by 7 if there are no clouds

              Eddy