Re: [snowkiteidaho] What if you could just sleep in?...

  • tony williams
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2007
      Not a bad idea but i have noticed that it takes awhile for the posts to show up in my email. Anyway, I went up at 6:40 and got as far as the flags on  the river and noticed them blowing the wrong direction so did a quick turn off and went to work instead.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hi Garrett....haven't seen you daddio on the water much this year.  Tell him he's working too hard !

        I forgot the windsurfer's name that's taken the lead on setting up a cellphone or web accessed weather station up there, but just last Saturday or Sunday he reported some terrific progress...permission had been gained from BLM or Parks/Rec to mount the instruments & lightning rod on top of the Barclay host's trailer shelter roof, and get electricity & place router in the cinderblock building behind the host camp spot.  Wunderground or Accuweather agreed to capture/host the data for free.  He said he was now working on the grant to get the equipment funded.  I'm sure when he reads you message, he'll give an update, but he's done some great work on this for us all !!

        Jon Bolt

        On 8/1/07, kerrminatortwo <kerrminatortwo@...> wrote:

[...]

      • kerrminatortwo
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2007
          Well that's some peachy news for sure. Forget the emails when you can
          just have a machine do all the work for us. Any idea on when that
          stuff would be accessible? Whoever this windsurfer is, we need to bake
          him a plate of cookies or something!

          Garrett(The Kid)Kerr

          P.S.- Ya, I had a serious talk with my Dad about all the work he does.
          I'm gonna' play a little less so he can play a bit more. With 4
          sisters that I leave him with, not much "man" stuff gets done when I
          go work/play on the river.