What if you could just sleep in?...

  • kerrminatortwo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
      Hey Kiters and Boarders of the Treasure Valley. This is Garrett (The
      Kid) Kerr. I was talking to Eddy the other day about an idea I've
      been thinking about for a while, and I wanted to see what you guys
      thought or what kind of input you could give.

      We all love and enjoy getting up at 6/5:30 am to check the weather
      conditions and pretty much make a coin-toss decision to make the drive
      out to Lucky Peak. You get up around the dam crossing your fingers as
      you reach the point of visibility for the lake. Sometimes it's great,
      sometimes nothing, and sometimes you have to wait a bit longer to find
      out if it's gonna blow or not.

      Eddy and I discussed the possibility of making up some kind of system
      for cell phone texting to make our sailing more efficient and time as
      well. Eddy has been to the lake this summer almost every day having
      more than 50+ sessions under his belt. As we all know he is the man to
      go to for questions, gear, lessons, etc. Hell, lets make him the
      weather man too!

      If we worked out a system of paying Eddy each $25-30 bucks a month to
      be put on a texting list where he would send out a morning text for
      each day he was there... would anyone be interested in getting on that
      list? Of course this system isn't perfect. It doesn't guarantee
      anyone that the wind will be what the text says 15 minutes later, but
      it would be nice to have an idea. If Eddy had the time and we made it
      worth it for him, he might give an occasional smorgistbort of texts
      and updates.

      Anyway, I'm just sending this message to get a little feedback from
      people and see if this isn't a good idea or not.

      I'll see ya' out there!

      Garrett (The Kid) Kerr
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1 5:25 AM
        YO

        I appreciate the love and would prefer to just send a message to everyone about the goings on for free.

        However, I just need to know who wants a text, and how to do it from my phone were it will not take me 15-20 minutes. If I can do one text to a list that would be perfect or  I could send out an email to snowkite group.

        Let me know who wants in on list./

        Eddy

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1 5:52 AM
          You can just send an email to snowkite...  I'll do the same if I get up there early enough.

          -Jason

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1 6:25 AM
            Not a bad idea but i have noticed that it takes awhile for the posts to show up in my email. Anyway, I went up at 6:40 and got as far as the flags on  the river and noticed them blowing the wrong direction so did a quick turn off and went to work instead.

[...]

            Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1 8:46 PM
                Well that's some peachy news for sure. Forget the emails when you can
                just have a machine do all the work for us. Any idea on when that
                stuff would be accessible? Whoever this windsurfer is, we need to bake
                him a plate of cookies or something!

                Garrett(The Kid)Kerr

                P.S.- Ya, I had a serious talk with my Dad about all the work he does.
                I'm gonna' play a little less so he can play a bit more. With 4
                sisters that I leave him with, not much "man" stuff gets done when I
                go work/play on the river.