Re: [snowkiteidaho] Camas dreams

  • Hawk Dobbins
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31 3:21 PM
      great points Darrel, we need to prove ourselves as a responsible group that is aware of our actions.  both in maintaining our riding areas with respect to all other parties, and in being cautious and safe so that no one gets hurt.

      you need to come play on the water...... or come out and play at dry lake..

      hawk

      Darrel Thomas <darrelthomas@...> wrote:
      I was up across the Camas this weekend remembering all the fun of last year, and dreaming of the coming winter.  As I went past the Featherville road turn off, and saw the cattle merrily grazing away, I noticed the barbed wire was still cut on the South side of the road.  I felt bad.  I had good intentions of fixing on the last trip of the season, but never got to it.  I’ve worked a ranch before, and keeping up fences is a pain the ass without city kids coming out and cutting holes in it.  Just in case anyone was unclear, the land to the south is private, and is grazed in the summer.  I would hate for innocent disregard towards this property to result in ill will and “No trespassing signs” coming between us and our kiting paradise.
      Please, let’s all act responsibility and fix  any damages we cause, either accidentally or intentionally, on any land, private or public.  To preserve our access, we should try to establish a reputation as good.  Skateboarders, windsurfers, rock climbers, and kiteboarders all know about loss of access due to bad public relations.
      Desperately waiting for winter,
      Darrel