Since everyone is bragging..

  • jasonbrickner@msn.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2007
      Since everyone is bragging.

      I just got off the ocean at 8pm after a three hour session on the 17m slingshot fuel. Spent a lot of time jumping the 5ft surf. Good lord. Jon bolt was right. Having those sharp lips to jump off of adds another 6-8ft to your jumps. This ocean breeze is so smooth.

      Hoping for two more day. Today was clear, 75f air, 65f water. And the waves... Better than baja.

      -Jason

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 4, 2007
        Ya well where are you Jason bragger and are you surfing those waves . I'm
        headed to Maui Monday , Steve

      • jasonbrickner@msn.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 4, 2007
          I'm in manzanita, or. Have fun in maui. I've had marginal success surfing. Feels more like being upside down in a washing machine. I need to learn to short jump the breakers.

          jason

          Ya well where are you Jason bragger and are you surfing those waves . I'm
          headed to Maui Monday , Steve
          > I just got off the ocean at 8pm after a three hour session on the 17m
          > slingshot fuel. Spent a lot of time jumping the 5ft surf. Good lord. Jon
          > bolt was right. H
        • kiterguuy
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 4, 2007
            today at whiskey was 12-15 foot faces good fun got worked a few times-
            -- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

            > I'm in manzanita, or. Have fun in maui. I've had marginal success
            surfing. Feels more like being upside down in a washing machine. I
            need to learn to short jump the breakers.

            > jason

          • j clive jordan
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 5, 2007
              Even lucky peak was worth bragging about .. the wind
              worked nicely for about 2 hours today.

            • jasonbrickner@msn.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 5, 2007
                Well yesterday I had on last day on the water. Strong winds of 22-28mph. Unfortunately took out the 14m out. Way too much kite. Should have taken out the 10m. Advice on manzanita ... Stay south by the campgrounds.

                I also realized its funner between shore and the first set of breakers than out in the primary breakers and chop. All in all very fun and highly recommended. Could have gone for a forth straight day but came down with a nasty cold. Seeya back in Boise.

                jason

                --- jasonbrickner@... wrote:

                > I'm in manzanita, or. Have fun in maui. I've had
                > marginal success surfing. Feels more like being
                > upside down in a washing machine. I need to learn
                > to short jump the breakers.
                >
                > jason

              • Dr. Binegar
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 5, 2007

                  Any poleheads (or whatever Tony called me a few weeks back) at LP today?

                  William G Binegar, MD

                  Pain Medicine-Board Certified

                  Anesthesiology-Board Certified

                  Medical Director

                  Pain Care Boise

                  301 W. Myrtle

                  Boise, ID   83702

                  Office: 208.342.8200 | Fax: 208.342.8202

                  www.paincareboise.com

                  href="mailto:stevelinane%40clearwire.net">stevelinane@ clearwire. net>

                • Mark Westerdoll
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 5, 2007
                    Bill, I went up late after a buisy 4th of July shift and was able to plane on a 7.7 until about 0900. mostly slogging after that. I need a jibe lesson, I can waterstart but can't turn around. I saw 3 other poles and 4 or 5 diapers out when I got there, but they soon cleared. Westy

                  • geardaddy@cableone.net
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 5, 2007
                      R u calling me a diaperhead???

                      Eddy

                      On Thu Jul 5 23:17 , 'Mark Westerdoll' <westerdoll@...> sent:

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 6, 2007
                        Just seeing if anybody pays attention! Westy