Lucky at the Peak - NEW VIDS

  • jclivejordan
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 23, 2007
      Last week's great winds - caught on tape - enjoy!

      http://web.mac.com/jclive/iWeb/VIDS/weekly.html

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 23, 2007
        reallllllly koooooolllllll

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 23, 2007
          I have a feeling that LP might be on in morning.

          Eddy

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 24, 2007
            Thanks Eddy --- more is on the way

            and thanks again to Darrel, Brad, Jason, Rob Jekich and Bill Sykes and of course all the
            kiters and anyone who is willing to speak on camera.. soundbytes make it a lot more
            interesting

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 10, 2007
               I thinking we might get lucky tomorrow.  At least the wind forecast looks good.

              Don't know what all the fire crap is going to do though.

              I drove up this morning got to head of canyon and it was dead

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 11, 2007
                Lucky indeed!

                Wind turned on real nice at 8:15

                Tomorrow????  I would make a bet!

                Actually I'd make the bet that the next 4 are on.  See ya up there!

                Later Eddy

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 11, 2007
                  See ya there.

                  -Jason

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 11, 2007
                    Bummer,

                    Got the boat working and everything looks like tomorrow should be great...But I have to go to Jury duty tomorrow....... DOHO!!!!

                    Have fun

                    Eddy

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 11, 2007
                      cant youwrite a letter saying you have inportant business to attend---

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 12, 2007
                        Civic duty...I'm sure I'll get dismissed again only 500 people there, just Murphy's law that right when everything else starts to work something else will boogger it up, to top it off since tomorrow looks good I'll actually get put on a case.  that will last all next week and you guys will have to entertain Jeff "Prokitesurf" Howard

                        John...Your fins are on the way via usmail...enjoy

                        Eddy

                        href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                        > Actually I'd make the bet that the next 4 are on. See ya up
                        there!

                        > Later Eddy
                        >
                        > _____

                        > I thinking we might get lucky tomorrow. At least the wind
                        forecast looks
                        > good.
                        >
                        > Don't know what all the fire
                        crap is going to do though.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 12, 2007
                          Where do I begin..... Today was not epic. At least not for you. Oh maybe it was epic for you in ways I will never understand,,,,,,,,,,,,,, anyway, it is always a great day when you are the only one out there.. Yes - there were fishing boats and at least one ski boat ( I saw at least 2 leave-apparentlly annoyed with all the wind) .. Anyway there's plenty of wind and plenty of wind -yes there was plenty of wind and way too much room. Is tomorrow suppose to happen? I don't have a good feeling about friday the whatever---so don't go out of your way... BUT I'LL BE THERE IF IT WORKS...

                          Gear Daddy, LLC wrote:
                          > Civic duty...I'm sure I'll get dismissed again only 500
                          > people there, just Murphy's law that right when everything else starts to work
                          > something else will boogger it up, to top it off since tomorrow looks good I'll
                          > actually get put on a case.  that will last all next week and you guys will
                          > have to entertain Jeff "Prokitesurf" Howard
                          >

                          > John...Your fins are on the way via
                          > usmail...enjoy
                          >
                          > Eddy
                          > From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                          > [mailto:snowkiteida ho@yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of
                          > kiterguuy Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 9:16 PM To:
                          > snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Can we get
                          > Lucky tomorrow???
                          > cant youwrite a letter saying you have inportant business to attend--- In
                          > snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com ,
                          > "Gear Daddy, LLC" <geardaddy@. ..> wrote: > >
                          > Bummer, > > Got the boat working and everything looks like tomorrow
                          > should be > great...But I have to go to Jury duty tomorrow.... ...
                          > DOHO!!!! > > Have fun > > Eddy > > _____
                          > > > From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                          > [mailto: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com ] >
                          > On Behalf Of Gear Daddy, LLC > Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:24
                          > AM > To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com >
                          > Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Can we get Lucky tomorrow??? > >
                          > nice at 8:15 > > > Tomorrow???? I would make a bet! >
                          > > Actually I'd make the bet that the next 4 are on. See ya up
                          > there! > > Later Eddy > > _____ > >
                          > From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                          > [mailto: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com ] >
                          > On Behalf Of Gear Daddy, LLC > Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:42
                          > PM > To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com >
                          > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Can we get Lucky tomorrow??? > > >
                          > > > I thinking we might get lucky tomorrow. At least the wind
                          > forecast looks > good. > > Don't know what all the fire
                          > crap is going to do though. > > > I drove up this morning
                          > got to head of canyon and it was dead > > >
                          > Eddy >

                        • j clive jordan
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 12, 2007

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 12, 2007
                              Yep...

                              Brian, Jay and I watched the lake for an hour.  It seemed almost enough, but not enough.  By 8:00 I was waiting for a final lull and then I was going to leave.  That lull never came.  Instead it stared slowly building until Jay decided he was going to give it a try on his new Ozone Instinct 15m.  After an aborted launch, he tried again and the wind held for him.  In only two reaches he was up in the canyon.  Yeah, we are talking about Jay up the canyon in two reaches on a 15m kite.  I would say there was plenty of wind.

                              Feeling sorry for myself I decide to leave and try again tomorrow.  As I drove off the damn dam, it looked like a regular rockin' morning at Lucky Peak.  Good things come to those who wait.  We'll try it again tomorrow.

                              -Jason

                              Where do I begin..... Today was not epic. At least not for you. Oh maybe it was epic for you in ways I will never understand,, ,,,,,,,,, ,,, anyway, it is always a great day when you are the only one out there.. Yes - there were fishing boats and at least one ski boat ( I saw at least 2 leave-apparentlly annoyed with all the wind) .. Anyway there&#39;s plenty of wind and plenty of wind -yes there was plenty of wind and way too much room. Is tomorrow suppose to happen? I don&#39;t have a good feeling about friday the whatever---so don&#39;t go out of your way... BUT I&#39;LL BE THERE IF IT WORKS...

                              Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Can we get

                              Eddy > > _____
                              > > > From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                              > [mailto: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com ] >
                              > On Behalf Of
                              Gear Daddy, LLC > Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:24
                              > AM > To:
                              snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com >
                              > Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Can
                              we get Lucky tomorrow??? > >
                              > nice at 8:15 > > > Tomorrow???? I
                              would make a bet! >
                              > > Actually I'd make the bet that the next 4
                              are on. See ya up
                              > there! > > Later Eddy > > _____ > >
                              > From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                              > [mailto: snowkiteidaho@
                              yahoogroups. com ] >

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 12, 2007
                                Jay... how long did you make it work for you?

                                Eddy > > _____
                                > > > From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                                > [mailto: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com ] >
                                > On Behalf Of
                                Gear Daddy, LLC > Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:24
                                > AM > To:
                                snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com >
                                > Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Can
                                we get Lucky tomorrow??? > >
                                > nice at 8:15 > > > Tomorrow???? I
                                would make a bet! >
                                > > Actually I'd make the bet that the next 4
                                are on. See ya up
                                > there! > > Later Eddy > > _____ > >
                                > From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                                > [mailto: snowkiteidaho@
                                yahoogroups. com ] >
                                > On Behalf Of Gear Daddy, LLC > Sent:
                                Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:42
                                > PM > To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com >
                                > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Can we get Lucky tomorrow??? > > >
                                > > > I thinking we might get lucky tomorrow. At least the
                                wind
                                > forecast looks > good. > > Don't know what all the fire
                                > crap is going to do though. > > > I drove up this morning
                                > got to head of canyon and it was dead > > >
                                > Eddy >

                              • j clive jordan
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 12, 2007
                                  It only worked for about 2 hours a very nice hour for me and ithe lone sailboat that ventured out appprox 10am

                                • j clive jordan
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 12, 2007
                                    thanks 4 the launch