RE: [snowkiteidaho] 3 weeks ago at the gorge

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 18, 2007
      Had two great days in da' hood.  Man that new sandbar is awesome.  There were probably 20-30 kiters out and you never really felt crowded.  I feel bad for the windsurfers at the event site.  As the sandbar has grown kiters have started moving upwind and spreading out.

      Awesome day on Saturday with winds 18-22 w/ gusts to 28. 3hrs on the water. 14M kite was perfect with my cleatable 5th line.  I swear, by cleating the 5th line in about 3-4 inches, it like having a kite that is 2-3M smaller.  The cleating also seems to make the kite handle the gusts better.  A few whopper jumps but mainly enjoyed cruising.  Got my ass handed to me a couple times but nothing more than some sore ribs.  There was this Brazilian chick out there doing kiteloops all afternoon.  She was GOOD.

      Got in another 2hrs on Fathers day.  Wind not as good. 15-30mph with a couple stronger gusts.  I sure was glad I had my Lucky Peak 'gust' training.  It sure came in handy.  It also made me appreciate what we have at Lucky Peak.  Heading home, it looked like the eastern gorge was the place to be.  Several people at Rufus flying 7's and 9's.

      Outta town most of this week.  Bummer.  Hope to see you all Friday at LP.

      -Jason

      P.S. Nice jump Steve.  You'll have to teach me that 'hobo' jump sometime.