Upper TV weather performance boost

  • Tom von Alten
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2007
      I got to looking at the page that aggregates the NOAA reports...
      http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/uppertv.html

      and it occurred to me that I ought to cache the data so that
      we'll see the results faster. You should see better performance
      now; instead of waiting in line for the 4 NOAA pages, you'll get
      the most recent data right away. It's set to automatically update
      at :00, :20 and :40, shortly after the various source updates.

      If the data appear too stale for you, there's an [Update NOW]
      button which will refresh the cache manually.

      While I was at it, I also had the automatic update write a
      dead-simple WML file for you cell-phone browsers. WAP your way
      to http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/uppertv.wml or

      http://fortboise.org/w/utv.wml

      to try that out. Happy trails,
      Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org