Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Wednesday

  • tony williams
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 7, 2007
      Hey Jason,
      Thanks again for the help getting my kite out to the end of the dock at Lake Lowell.  I can't believe what a horrible launch site that is in a NW.  If there was any S in the wind, it would be fine but having to drift launch off of a dock with 2 other docks surrounding it in sheltered wind shadow is not  what I would tell anyone to do.  Don't think I will go back there unless the wind is from a preferable direction.

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 8, 2007
        Where the heck did you guys launch from???

        Is Gott Point closed?

        On Thu Jun 7 15:43 , tony williams sent:

        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 8, 2007
          i went out there on sunday to check it out and they had the gate
          locked.. its a long walk to the point from the gate
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 8, 2007
            Eddy to answer your question. Tony and I launched from the dock at the upper dam . It was very easy I just walked to the end of the dock tossed my kite in the water, let the wind tension the lines ,launched it, jumped in, and road away . The upper dam is a grate place in a N.W. wind more North the better you can ride rite up to the dam and the water is wakeboard flat . and Hawk I did the same thing you did and decided to go to the upper dam . We can try that launch on Lake Shore Dr, But N.W. is a bit more on shore. on that side of the lake .not to mention a lot longer drive.
            For future info west is the best direction at L.L. not so gusty that direction.
            Steve
            i went out there on sunday to check it out and they had the gate
            locked.. its a long walk to the point from the gate

          • Darrel Thomas
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 12, 2008

              Here’s the forecast for the Camas:

              Wednesday: Snow showers likely before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 21 by 5pm. Blustery, with a northwest wind between 13 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

              Not sure if I will make it, but I am going to give it a shot 2:15 anybody?

              Darrel

              484-6766

            • Eddy
              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 14 6:59 AM
                I'm guessing the winds will still be really good. I get back Tuesday
                night so I'll be ready. No reason to leave early Afternoon wind is
                the only time to go, so 2ish departure!

                Eddy
              • darrel1028
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 18, 2009
                  It's been blowing W13 all morning. I think it will build some this
                  afternoon.

                  Darrel
                  484-6766
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 18, 2009
                    Re: [snowkiteidaho] Wednesday
                    I’m in, but can’t go until 2ish

                    Eddy

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 18, 2009
                      Bill B, Eddy, Darrel...

                      Leave Albe's at 2:15

                      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC
                      <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                      > I¹m in, but can¹t go until 2ish
                      >
                      > Eddy
                      >

                      > From: Darrel & Shannan Thomas <darrelthomas@...>
                      > Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:25:17 -0000
                      > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                      > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Wednesday
                      >

                      > It's been blowing W13 all morning. I think it will build some this
                      > afternoon.
                      >
                      > Darrel
                      > 484-6766

                    • darrel1028
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 18, 2009
                        I have another ride.

                        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                        > Bill B, Eddy, Darrel...
                        >
                        > Leave Albe's at 2:15
                        >

                        > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC
                        > <geardaddyllc@> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > I¹m in, but can¹t go until 2ish
                        > >
                        > > Eddy
                        > >

                        > > From: Darrel & Shannan Thomas <darrelthomas@>
                        > > Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:25:17 -0000
                        > > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                        > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Wednesday
                        > >

                        > > It's been blowing W13 all morning. I think it will build some
                        this
                        > > afternoon.
                        > >
                        > > Darrel
                        > > 484-6766

                      • geardaddyllc
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 23, 2011
                          Looks like strong SE Flow for Wednesday.

                          I plan on bringing my gear to work so I can take a lunch break or after work session. I plan to hit the West Beach area for the first time, hopefully it is good.

                          Message 12 of 23 , May 23, 2011
                            Sorry at Lake Lowell

                            Eddy Petranek

                            On May 23, 2011, at 8:39 AM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                            Looks like strong SE Flow for Wednesday.

                            I plan on bringing my gear to work so I can take a lunch break or after work session. I plan to hit the West Beach area for the first time, hopefully it is good.

                            Eddy

                          • jwattboi
                            Message 13 of 23 , May 23, 2011
                              Anybody get out today? Looks like decent winds this afternoon.

                                  Message 16 of 23 , May 25, 2011
                                    That was the best  9m Idaho session I every had . it was worth every once on blood sweet and tears' Jon Bolt put in to keeping LL open . just look at these numbers . the air and the water were incredible warm , and the wind was up and down but very little gusts
                                    25 May 3:35 pm733222SE26G3510.00CLR29.7227.205

                                    25 May 3:15 pm733423SE28G3710.00CLR29.7427.224OK
                                    25 May 2:55 pm733423SE25G3610.00CLR29.7627.243OK
                                    25 May 2:35 pm723223SE24G3310.00FEW10029.7927.271OK
                                    25 May 2:15 pm723223SE24G3110.00FEW10029.8027.280OK
                                    25 May 1:55 pm723022SE29G3810.00CLR29.8227.298OK
                                    25 May 1:35 pm723022SE24G3610.00FEW09029.8327.308OK
                                    25 May 1:15 pm703023SE30G3310.00BKN09029.8527.326OK
                                    25 May 12:55 pm663026SE23G3110.00BKN09029.8627.336OK
                                    25 May 12:35 pm663026SE22G3310.00BKN09029.8827.354OK
                                    25 May 12:15 pm663228SE26G3510.00BKN10029.8927.364OK
                                    25 May 11:55 am663430SE28G33

                                    CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                                    Message 17 of 23 , May 25, 2011
                                      I thought maybe if the wind shifted NW I'd hit ICR for an after work session too. But, it's still E and 39 gusting to 50. No thanks, I'm not Reuben Len10, lol.

                                      > Awesome 10m session 12:30-2. Still blowing. Rode with Jason Watt and the SUP brothers (steve & Tom)
                                      >
                                      > Eddy Petranek
                                      >

                                      > On May 23, 2011, at 8:39 AM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > Looks like strong SE Flow for Wednesday.
                                      > >
                                      > > I plan on bringing my gear to work so I can take a lunch break or after work session. I plan to hit the West Beach area for the first time, hopefully it is good.
                                      > >
                                      > > Eddy

                                    • Chris Lee
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jul 10, 2013
                                        It's windy.

                                        Best regards,
                                        Chris Lee
                                      • tony williams
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jul 10, 2013
                                          Was strong early on with usual 8:00 lull. not sure if it came back later or not as many of us left for work.

                                            It came back! I was on the water until 9, and I was more powered than during the 7-8 o'clock hour. Hit a big lull as I came into Barclay. Still some white caps after I came in, but not sure if it would have worked.

                                            Josh