Re: ICR today

  • hawkicd11
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2007
      you missed out on the fun. when eddie and i showed up, steve was
      lit on his ten meter riding the storm.. wind 18 gusting to 30. it
      was only 49 degrees and raining off and on, pretty depressing. but
      as can be expected, if you want the weather to change around here,
      wait ten minutes... the storm blew over, the sun came out, and the
      wind calmed down to around 12.. pretty nominal, but eddie and i
      rigged anyway. it was enough to stay upwind, and soon enough
      another little system started building over bogus, generating some
      solid gusts to 18.. we rode for about an hour, sometimes just
      cruising, other times perfectly powered, bathing in a pocket of
      sunlight, surrounded by beautiful cummulus clouds.. couldn't have
      asked for a better way to wind down the day.. by the time we left,
      the wind was holding around 8 and the temp was 64.. crazy freakin
      idaho weather..........

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Brickner"
      <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      > A little too 'convective' for me today. Thanks for the invite.
      Maybe

      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2012
        So I was all alone at ICR today from 4:45 till 6:00 and I am glad I went. IDARNG2_RG14 showed around 17 to 26 for most of that time and I would estimate that ICR was 3 or 4 less on average.
        Weeds still not an issue and water not that gross.  Was able to easily stay up wind on the 13m and some times threw some good sized air.  A few lulls passed through but by the time I was getting close to shore, the wind would come back.
        Not sure where the rest of you were, but I hope you were having fun as well.
        Cheers
        TW