Memorial Day weekend

  • tony williams
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2007
      I thought a weekend trip to Rufus or somewhere on the Gorge would be in order for the long weekend.
      Is anybody up for it? Would probably camp somewhere near there but unsure about site avalibilty. Good chance to get myself familar with the area before summer kicks in and future summer trips in the later months.
      The more the merrier.

      Cheers,
      TW

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Darrel Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2007
        I am heading to Alvord Dry Lake Mem Wknd to do some buggying if any one is
        interested in checking that out, I have lots of kites and buggies.

        Alvord is about 3-4 hrs from Boise between Burns Junction and Burns in OR.
        THere is an excellent hotsprings there, and the best burgers and shakes can
        be found in Fields (I think its the dust that makes them sooo good.

        >I thought a weekend trip to Rufus or somewhere on the Gorge would be in
        >order for the long weekend.
        > Is anybody up for it? Would probably camp somewhere near there but unsure
        > about site avalibilty. Good chance to get myself familar with the area
        > before summer kicks in and future summer trips in the later months.
        > The more the merrier.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > TW

      • kiterguuy
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2007
          i might try to make it out there and do some kiting with you my mom
          siad maybe so it should be cool

          > I am heading to Alvord Dry Lake Mem Wknd to do some buggying if any
          one is
          > interested in checking that out, I have lots of kites and buggies.
          >
          > Alvord is about 3-4 hrs from Boise between Burns Junction and Burns
          in OR.
          > THere is an excellent hotsprings there, and the best burgers and
          shakes can
          > be found in Fields (I think its the dust that makes them sooo good.

        • kiterguuy
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2007
            there are atuchally some pretty good lakes to water kite on out there
            to.--- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "kiterguuy" <kiterguuy@...>
            wrote:

            > i might try to make it out there and do some kiting with you my mom
            > siad maybe so it should be cool
            > >
            > > I am heading to Alvord Dry Lake Mem Wknd to do some buggying if
            any
            > one is
            > > interested in checking that out, I have lots of kites and buggies.
            > >
            > > Alvord is about 3-4 hrs from Boise between Burns Junction and
            Burns
            > in OR.
            > > THere is an excellent hotsprings there, and the best burgers and
            > shakes can
            > > be found in Fields (I think its the dust that makes them sooo
            good.

          • kiterguuy
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2007
              your going to the gorge i might atuchally be up for that instead of
              kiteing on a dry lake bed it is closer --- In
              snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...>