Sandboarding, WOW! who'd a thunk it?

  • travisrblair
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2005
      Wow, i mean Wow! What a crazy-fresh idea. You guys are my heros
      Hey Darrel, once again i find myself amazed. The guys said you
      dont like riding water, but damn, they weren't kidding. I never even
      thought about sandboarding before with a kite. We skied and boarded
      Great Sand Dunes in Colorado downhill some years ago. It was a lot of
      fun but i twisted my knee a bit. I enjoy the forgiving nature of water
      crashes. But i'll try it!
      Been hydrofoiling a lot. Tried that yet? Huge air! Not as huge
      as kite sport, but huge and FUN! I talked to a guy in Orlando who
      rides his sit down hydrofoil with a kite, haven't seen it yet but i
      imagine its off the hook.
      Hey, whats up in August? Any body ever ride at Flaming Gorge? I
      here its often windy there. I want to cruise up with my little boat
      and sky ski and camp and explore up there sometime this season. Or if
      cash flow permits, i'll drive all the way up wherever. Ive got a
      handful of friends interested too.
      Oh yeah, Darrel, i read your Montana adventure. Great stuff!
      Thanks for sharing.
      You guys let me know whats up say around Labor Day or so and i'll
      do my best to drive up and play.
    • Darrel Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2005
        Hey Travis,

        Yep can't stands the water!  Although Eddy used to have an air chair or sky ski.  Can't remember.  I loved that! never got good enough for the big air, but enjoyed it a lot.  The best part was getting newies on it; let the rodeo begin!  Fucker sold it 'cuz I was the only one who would ride it.

        I am most likely going to Alvord Dry Lake Labor Day to kite buggy/mtn board.

        Thanks for the feedback

        Darrel