RE: Kite tomorrow

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 27 10:00 AM
      Hello Tony,

      The wind at Lucky Peak starts moving around midnight.  It is generally strongest by about 3-4AM in the morning.  Usually it peters out by 9-10AM.  Then by noon it switches and blows the other way.  For a complete dissertation on katibatic winds ask Darrell or see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katabatic_wind .

      In a perfect world, we usually like to arrive before sunrise.  Seems like the wind picks up again at sunrise.  Not sure if this is completely true, but it seems that way.  We setup our gear and launch as soon as there is enough sunlight.  SO to answer your question, yes, there COULD be enough wind by 8:00AM.  I say COULD because I don't want to jinx it.

      If the forecast holds out, I will probably show up around 7:00 and hike up to the bay upwind of turner gulch.  I like to setup and launch there and then take out at Barclay bay.  Complex process, but t works for me.

      If you needs more details, call me at work 208-475-4670 other wise I hope to see everyone up there tomorrow morning.  Dress warm.  I heard the water is BONE-CHILLING.

      -Jason

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 27 9:23 PM
        Jason,

        I was up at the lake today testing out the new Gear Daddy Kitesurf boat.  I was in the water and it was not that bad.

        I'll be out tomorrow around 8:30 waiting  for sun and be launching at Barclay.  I think there will be another session at RCR Sunday afternoon.

        Eddy

        ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* **

        ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ***

        --------- --------- --------- -
        ----------

        --------- -
        ----------

        queen of windsurfing at LP.

        --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
        ----------

        --~--~------ ---~--~-- --~------ ------~-- -----~--~ ----~
        > This message
        is via your subscription to the Google Groups
        > "Boise Sailors
        Association" group.
        > To post:
        href="mailto:BoiseSailors%40googlegroups.com" target=_blank rel=nofollow>BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
        > To unsubscribe:
        > Group
        stuff: http://groups. google.com/ group/BoiseSailo rs
        > Sailing
        stuff: http://fortboise. org/windsurfing/
        > -~----------
        ~----~--- -~----~-- ----~---- ~------~- -~---

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      • Ryan Wait
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 28 7:59 PM

          anyone want to go to american falls on sunday? wind report looks really good. i think chris and i will head out around 10am.

          From: "Gear Daddy, LLC" <geardaddy@...>
          To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] RE: Kite tomorrow
          Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:23:06 -0600

          Jason,

          wrote:

          > Congrats on the Secratary position. Just in time for
          Administrative assistant's day.

          Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office Live!
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30 1:46 PM

            SLINGSHOT LINK 2006 CLOSEOUT!!!!!

            We just got notified of another awsome clearance sale on The 2006 Slingshot LINK Complete de-power Hybrid bow kites.  Sizes 7m,9m,12m,15m

            The prices INCLUDES a complete package, bar, lines , pump, bag and kite.

            Any Size for $699.00

            Shipping to anyone in USA $15.00

            buy 2 kites get FREE shipping to any USA location.

            Gear Daddy LLC
            Eddy Petranek
            3256 E. Red Stone Dr.
            Boise, ID 83712
            geardaddy@...
            (208) 863-6966

            Message 5 of 8 , May 3, 2007

              Going kiting tomorrow and Saturday

              Saturday at CJ probably late afternoon let the gusties settle down

              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2007
                Friday at ICR got there @ 4:30 it was steady 22. until I got on water then it got a little shifty and was 15-25 with occasional thermal gust to 35.  Water was warm but WCI made the hands hurt

                Saturday: Leaving AL-bys at 4pm going to CJS.  Let all the thermals settle down and waiting for smooth wind.  the Thermal index is off the charts today. and it is cranking already

                Sunday morn and midday should be much smoother than today will be, leaving around 9:30.

                Saturday at CJ probably late afternoon let the gusties settle down

                Message 7 of 8 , May 6, 2007

                  Went to CJ @ 5 it was nuking well into the 40's

                  Went back to ICR and it was into the 30's.  Tony, J , & I played for a while but not much fun when it is survival kiting.  NOAA reported peak gust of 38 for Boise while we were there, and MTNH wars 46.   Today is supposed to be mellower but it is already blowing.

                  Leaving around 9:30

                  Eddy

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 7, 2007
                    Hey Eddy,
                    hope you got some time in on Sunday.
                    I went back to ICR on Sunday at 11:00 and it was better then Sat. Winds were more in the upper 20s and less in the 30's. Still got a few strong gusts but all the better for fun boosts.  Had the place to myself.

                    A fire engine and an ambulance showed up at the beach but it was for some family in crisis and not for me.  Good to know that they will come out there if needed.
                    TW
                    Went back to ICR and it was into the 30's.  Tony, J , & I played for a while but not much fun when it is survival kiting.  NOAA reported peak gust of 38 for Boise while we were there, and MTNH wars 46.   Today is supposed to be mellower but it is already blowing.

                    Leaving around 9:30

                    Eddy

                    Saturday: Leaving AL-bys at 4pm going to CJS.  Let all the thermals settle down and waiting for smooth wind.  the Thermal index is off the charts today. and it is cranking already

                    Sunday morn and midday should be much smoother than today will be, leaving around 9:30.

                    Saturday at CJ probably late afternoon let the gusties settle down

                    with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.