Re: [snowkiteidaho] to hell with the water

  • Darrel Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2005
      I haven't done much wind research so far.  Though, it seems that it is always blowing somewhat wenever I've been out there.  Even so, if there isn't wind, hiking for the downhill was pretty good too!
      Yesterday, it started out blowing strong and fairly smoothe out of the south, then lulled for 1/2 hour or so, then switched north, and maybe a little bumpier, for an hour, then back to light south around sun set.  There were some major thunder clouds milling around all afternoon, probably causing the winds, but they never came through the park.
      The one downside were the killer mosquitoes that came out when the wind died and the temps dropped.  Also, got hit by a couple deer fly.  Mean sons a bitches!!!