Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

RE: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

Expand Messages
  • Bolt, Jon
    Wow, Joyce & crew seem to be putting serious thought and effort into making the location better meet our needs (while also meeting needs of other users). This
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 25, 2007
      Wow, Joyce & crew seem to be putting serious thought and effort into making the location better meet our needs (while also meeting needs of other users).  This is great.  After this comes off, we should do something to get her (& crew) positive recognition with superiors, and maybe some sort of group appreciation action (lunch, free windsurf/kite lessons, etc). 
       
      Eddy...aside from moving Serpentina, will they be moving the big life preserver box & steel mounting pole that's now in front of the existing dock?
       
       
       
       


      From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Gear Daddy, LLC
      Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:04 PM
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

      These are the meeting minutes for this morning.
       
      I was nominated for the Secretary position and kiter Rep. Yeah haw always wanted to be a secretary!  If anyone has objection to my taking this position please speak up.
       
      Eddy
       
      Betsy is the queen of windsurfing at LP.


      From: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com [mailto:BoiseSailor s@googlegroups. com] On Behalf Of Betsy Russell
      Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:54 PM
      To: Boise Sailors Association
      Subject: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

      Here's what came out of this morning's meeting at Lucky Peak re Barclay Bay:

      Eddy, Jack and I met with Joyce Dunning, the head of the park, and Monty, who does the maintenance work, and Richard Turner, their civil engineer. It went well and they were very interested in and responsive to our needs for windsurfing and kitesailing there. As you all know, there's a handicap-accessible swimming beach and dock in the process of going in, along with other improvements, as part of a grant-funded project. Already, the project has been modified to keep the right-hand side of the beach (as you stand on shore looking at the water) open for us to launch, and to add gravel as we specified for rigging and launching.

      Now, Serpentina is going to be moved over to the left – pretty far over, it sounds like, which is great news for kiters who can snag lines on her where she is now. Eddy volunteered to bring a crew of interested folks up to help with the move and replanting of Serpentina. Monty will have heavy equipment. Date to be determined, but it will be before May 30, when the new dock is scheduled to go in.

      The new dock will also be off to the left of where the existing dock is, but it will be a T-shaped, handicap-accessible dock that at its widest point, at the end of the T, will be 30 feet wide. We're pushing for it, too, to go as far to the left as possible. If you go up there now and see the depth-marker poles that are stuck into the sand of the swimming beach, the far-left one will roughly mark the far-left, outer corner of where the T of the dock will be. The existing sign on the dock will be removed, and hopefully replaced with a lower-profile sign at the new dock that will attach to the front of the life ring.

      Also, more pea gravel is being ordered, to go in over some ¾-minus gravel for a base, to extend our graveled area at our launch, extending it farther over to the right. Some big rocks also will be removed. Jack is going to serve as the "gravel coordinator. " When we know the date, he'll put out the word for folks to come up and help spread the gravel. The existing large pile of sand likely will be moved way over to the left, to be spread at the new Serpentina site.

      Longer term plans include a concrete pad where the middle picnic shelter is (the first one you come to when you walk down), and an actual road down from the parking lot to a single handicap parking space at that shelter. A paved path would then extend from that shelter to the bathroom just beyond it, and eventually down to the new dock. It's likely that no concrete work would start until the end of this year's sailing, swimming and picnicking season, once the water in the lake has dropped (it will start to drop in mid-August).

      As part of this, the existing gate (with those awful upright railroad tie posts) will be removed or replaced. It may even get removed or replaced much sooner. Another possibility is that a combination lock could replace the current lock on the existing gate, and we could be given the combo so we could open it to more easily walk down with our gear, and then close it when we leave to prevent people from four-wheeling down there and tearing things up.

      There was even discussion of a possible future trail out on the far side of Turner out to where beginning kitesailers can more easily launch. That's long term. Also, Joyce mentioned that she's working with our own Jim Van der Heyden on a future wind-talker, including working with him on writing a grant. Those funds could come in July 2008.

      Jack has asked me to take over from him as chairman of our BSA organization (he's going to the venerable past-chairman position), and I've asked Eddy to take over from me as secretary (with the understanding that he'll then be chairman next year). We'll try to cycle people through these positions and keep both a boardsailor and a kiter involved to make sure we represent the interests of those using both types of gear. Jim is our wind-talker rep. The Lucky Peak folks like having an organization to contact, rather than hearing from lots and lots of different people. So if anyone has any thoughts on the wind-talker, please contact Jim, and on anything else, please contact me (Betsy) or Eddy, and we'll pass it along. I have to say, I feel really good about this. I think we're going to have a good season up there. I was even wondering if perhaps, with the predicted 80-degree weather, morning wind might happen this weekend…

         -Betsy  


      --~--~------ ---~--~-- --~------ ------~-- -----~--~ ----~
      This message is via your subscription to the Google Groups
      "Boise Sailors Association" group.
      To post: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
      To unsubscribe: BoiseSailors- unsubscribe@ googlegroups. com
      Group stuff: http://groups. google.com/ group/BoiseSailo rs
      Sailing stuff: http://fortboise. org/windsurfing/
      -~---------- ~----~--- -~----~-- ----~---- ~------~- -~---

    • Jason Brickner
      Great Job Eddy, You represented us well. The trail to KiteBeach would be cool, but that can wait. I m excited to hear that Serpent Tina is moving. Let us
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 25, 2007
        Great Job Eddy,
         
        You represented us well.  The trail to "KiteBeach" would be cool, but that can wait.  I'm excited to hear that Serpent Tina is moving.
         
        Let us know when the work days are... I'd love to help.
         
        -Jason
         
        P.S.  I'm back in town from training.  Looking forward to the next excursion.
         
         


        From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Gear Daddy, LLC
        Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:04 PM
        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

        These are the meeting minutes for this morning.
         
        I was nominated for the Secretary position and kiter Rep. Yeah haw always wanted to be a secretary!  If anyone has objection to my taking this position please speak up.
         
        Eddy
         
        Betsy is the queen of windsurfing at LP.


        From: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com [mailto:BoiseSailor s@googlegroups. com] On Behalf Of Betsy Russell
        Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:54 PM
        To: Boise Sailors Association
        Subject: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

        Here's what came out of this morning's meeting at Lucky Peak re Barclay Bay:

        Eddy, Jack and I met with Joyce Dunning, the head of the park, and Monty, who does the maintenance work, and Richard Turner, their civil engineer. It went well and they were very interested in and responsive to our needs for windsurfing and kitesailing there. As you all know, there's a handicap-accessible swimming beach and dock in the process of going in, along with other improvements, as part of a grant-funded project. Already, the project has been modified to keep the right-hand side of the beach (as you stand on shore looking at the water) open for us to launch, and to add gravel as we specified for rigging and launching.

        Now, Serpentina is going to be moved over to the left – pretty far over, it sounds like, which is great news for kiters who can snag lines on her where she is now. Eddy volunteered to bring a crew of interested folks up to help with the move and replanting of Serpentina. Monty will have heavy equipment. Date to be determined, but it will be before May 30, when the new dock is scheduled to go in.

        The new dock will also be off to the left of where the existing dock is, but it will be a T-shaped, handicap-accessible dock that at its widest point, at the end of the T, will be 30 feet wide. We're pushing for it, too, to go as far to the left as possible. If you go up there now and see the depth-marker poles that are stuck into the sand of the swimming beach, the far-left one will roughly mark the far-left, outer corner of where the T of the dock will be. The existing sign on the dock will be removed, and hopefully replaced with a lower-profile sign at the new dock that will attach to the front of the life ring.

        Also, more pea gravel is being ordered, to go in over some ¾-minus gravel for a base, to extend our graveled area at our launch, extending it farther over to the right. Some big rocks also will be removed. Jack is going to serve as the "gravel coordinator. " When we know the date, he'll put out the word for folks to come up and help spread the gravel. The existing large pile of sand likely will be moved way over to the left, to be spread at the new Serpentina site.

        Longer term plans include a concrete pad where the middle picnic shelter is (the first one you come to when you walk down), and an actual road down from the parking lot to a single handicap parking space at that shelter. A paved path would then extend from that shelter to the bathroom just beyond it, and eventually down to the new dock. It's likely that no concrete work would start until the end of this year's sailing, swimming and picnicking season, once the water in the lake has dropped (it will start to drop in mid-August).

        As part of this, the existing gate (with those awful upright railroad tie posts) will be removed or replaced. It may even get removed or replaced much sooner. Another possibility is that a combination lock could replace the current lock on the existing gate, and we could be given the combo so we could open it to more easily walk down with our gear, and then close it when we leave to prevent people from four-wheeling down there and tearing things up.

        There was even discussion of a possible future trail out on the far side of Turner out to where beginning kitesailers can more easily launch. That's long term. Also, Joyce mentioned that she's working with our own Jim Van der Heyden on a future wind-talker, including working with him on writing a grant. Those funds could come in July 2008.

        Jack has asked me to take over from him as chairman of our BSA organization (he's going to the venerable past-chairman position), and I've asked Eddy to take over from me as secretary (with the understanding that he'll then be chairman next year). We'll try to cycle people through these positions and keep both a boardsailor and a kiter involved to make sure we represent the interests of those using both types of gear. Jim is our wind-talker rep. The Lucky Peak folks like having an organization to contact, rather than hearing from lots and lots of different people. So if anyone has any thoughts on the wind-talker, please contact Jim, and on anything else, please contact me (Betsy) or Eddy, and we'll pass it along. I have to say, I feel really good about this. I think we're going to have a good season up there. I was even wondering if perhaps, with the predicted 80-degree weather, morning wind might happen this weekend…

           -Betsy  


        --~--~------ ---~--~-- --~------ ------~-- -----~--~ ----~
        This message is via your subscription to the Google Groups
        "Boise Sailors Association" group.
        To post: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
        To unsubscribe: BoiseSailors- unsubscribe@ googlegroups. com
        Group stuff: http://groups. google.com/ group/BoiseSailo rs
        Sailing stuff: http://fortboise. org/windsurfing/
        -~---------- ~----~--- -~----~-- ----~---- ~------~- -~---

      • Gear Daddy, LLC
        yes the life preserver and post are going to be relocated and changed to safer low profile break away unit _____ From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 25, 2007
          yes the life preserver and post are going to be relocated and changed to safer low profile break away unit


          From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bolt, Jon
          Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:54 PM
          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

          Wow, Joyce & crew seem to be putting serious thought and effort into making the location better meet our needs (while also meeting needs of other users).  This is great.  After this comes off, we should do something to get her (& crew) positive recognition with superiors, and maybe some sort of group appreciation action (lunch, free windsurf/kite lessons, etc). 
           
          Eddy...aside from moving Serpentina, will they be moving the big life preserver box & steel mounting pole that's now in front of the existing dock?
           
           
           
           


          From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:snowkiteida ho@yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Gear Daddy, LLC
          Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:04 PM
          To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
          Subject: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

          These are the meeting minutes for this morning.
           
          I was nominated for the Secretary position and kiter Rep. Yeah haw always wanted to be a secretary!  If anyone has objection to my taking this position please speak up.
           
          Eddy
           
          Betsy is the queen of windsurfing at LP.


          From: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com [mailto:BoiseSailor s@googlegroups. com] On Behalf Of Betsy Russell
          Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:54 PM
          To: Boise Sailors Association
          Subject: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

          Here's what came out of this morning's meeting at Lucky Peak re Barclay Bay:

          Eddy, Jack and I met with Joyce Dunning, the head of the park, and Monty, who does the maintenance work, and Richard Turner, their civil engineer. It went well and they were very interested in and responsive to our needs for windsurfing and kitesailing there. As you all know, there's a handicap-accessible swimming beach and dock in the process of going in, along with other improvements, as part of a grant-funded project. Already, the project has been modified to keep the right-hand side of the beach (as you stand on shore looking at the water) open for us to launch, and to add gravel as we specified for rigging and launching.

          Now, Serpentina is going to be moved over to the left – pretty far over, it sounds like, which is great news for kiters who can snag lines on her where she is now. Eddy volunteered to bring a crew of interested folks up to help with the move and replanting of Serpentina. Monty will have heavy equipment. Date to be determined, but it will be before May 30, when the new dock is scheduled to go in.

          The new dock will also be off to the left of where the existing dock is, but it will be a T-shaped, handicap-accessible dock that at its widest point, at the end of the T, will be 30 feet wide. We're pushing for it, too, to go as far to the left as possible. If you go up there now and see the depth-marker poles that are stuck into the sand of the swimming beach, the far-left one will roughly mark the far-left, outer corner of where the T of the dock will be. The existing sign on the dock will be removed, and hopefully replaced with a lower-profile sign at the new dock that will attach to the front of the life ring.

          Also, more pea gravel is being ordered, to go in over some ¾-minus gravel for a base, to extend our graveled area at our launch, extending it farther over to the right. Some big rocks also will be removed. Jack is going to serve as the "gravel coordinator. " When we know the date, he'll put out the word for folks to come up and help spread the gravel. The existing large pile of sand likely will be moved way over to the left, to be spread at the new Serpentina site.

          Longer term plans include a concrete pad where the middle picnic shelter is (the first one you come to when you walk down), and an actual road down from the parking lot to a single handicap parking space at that shelter. A paved path would then extend from that shelter to the bathroom just beyond it, and eventually down to the new dock. It's likely that no concrete work would start until the end of this year's sailing, swimming and picnicking season, once the water in the lake has dropped (it will start to drop in mid-August).

          As part of this, the existing gate (with those awful upright railroad tie posts) will be removed or replaced. It may even get removed or replaced much sooner. Another possibility is that a combination lock could replace the current lock on the existing gate, and we could be given the combo so we could open it to more easily walk down with our gear, and then close it when we leave to prevent people from four-wheeling down there and tearing things up.

          There was even discussion of a possible future trail out on the far side of Turner out to where beginning kitesailers can more easily launch. That's long term. Also, Joyce mentioned that she's working with our own Jim Van der Heyden on a future wind-talker, including working with him on writing a grant. Those funds could come in July 2008.

          Jack has asked me to take over from him as chairman of our BSA organization (he's going to the venerable past-chairman position), and I've asked Eddy to take over from me as secretary (with the understanding that he'll then be chairman next year). We'll try to cycle people through these positions and keep both a boardsailor and a kiter involved to make sure we represent the interests of those using both types of gear. Jim is our wind-talker rep. The Lucky Peak folks like having an organization to contact, rather than hearing from lots and lots of different people. So if anyone has any thoughts on the wind-talker, please contact Jim, and on anything else, please contact me (Betsy) or Eddy, and we'll pass it along. I have to say, I feel really good about this. I think we're going to have a good season up there. I was even wondering if perhaps, with the predicted 80-degree weather, morning wind might happen this weekend…

             -Betsy  


          --~--~------ ---~--~-- --~------ ------~-- -----~--~ ----~
          This message is via your subscription to the Google Groups
          "Boise Sailors Association" group.
          To post: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
          To unsubscribe: BoiseSailors- unsubscribe@ googlegroups. com
          Group stuff: http://groups. google.com/ group/BoiseSailo rs
          Sailing stuff: http://fortboise. org/windsurfing/
          -~---------- ~----~--- -~----~-- ----~---- ~------~- -~---

        • j clive jordan
          GReat - and yes I think you d make an awesome secretary J Jason Brickner wrote: Great Job Eddy, You represented us well. The trail to
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 25, 2007
            GReat - and yes I think you'd make an awesome secretary
             
            J

            Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:
            Great Job Eddy,
             
            You represented us well.  The trail to "KiteBeach" would be cool, but that can wait.  I'm excited to hear that Serpent Tina is moving.
             
            Let us know when the work days are... I'd love to help.
             
            -Jason
             
            P.S.  I'm back in town from training.  Looking forward to the next excursion.
             
             


            From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:snowkiteida ho@yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Gear Daddy, LLC
            Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:04 PM
            To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
            Subject: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

            These are the meeting minutes for this morning.
             
            I was nominated for the Secretary position and kiter Rep. Yeah haw always wanted to be a secretary!  If anyone has objection to my taking this position please speak up.
             
            Eddy
             
            Betsy is the queen of windsurfing at LP.


            From: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com [mailto:BoiseSailor s@googlegroups. com] On Behalf Of Betsy Russell
            Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:54 PM
            To: Boise Sailors Association
            Subject: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

            Here's what came out of this morning's meeting at Lucky Peak re Barclay Bay:
            Eddy, Jack and I met with Joyce Dunning, the head of the park, and Monty, who does the maintenance work, and Richard Turner, their civil engineer. It went well and they were very interested in and responsive to our needs for windsurfing and kitesailing there. As you all know, there's a handicap-accessible swimming beach and dock in the process of going in, along with other improvements, as part of a grant-funded project. Already, the project has been modified to keep the right-hand side of the beach (as you stand on shore looking at the water) open for us to launch, and to add gravel as we specified for rigging and launching.
            Now, Serpentina is going to be moved over to the left – pretty far over, it sounds like, which is great news for kiters who can snag lines on her where she is now. Eddy volunteered to bring a crew of interested folks up to help with the move and replanting of Serpentina. Monty will have heavy equipment. Date to be determined, but it will be before May 30, when the new dock is scheduled to go in.
            The new dock will also be off to the left of where the existing dock is, but it will be a T-shaped, handicap-accessible dock that at its widest point, at the end of the T, will be 30 feet wide. We're pushing for it, too, to go as far to the left as possible. If you go up there now and see the depth-marker poles that are stuck into the sand of the swimming beach, the far-left one will roughly mark the far-left, outer corner of where the T of the dock will be. The existing sign on the dock will be removed, and hopefully replaced with a lower-profile sign at the new dock that will attach to the front of the life ring.
            Also, more pea gravel is being ordered, to go in over some ¾-minus gravel for a base, to extend our graveled area at our launch, extending it farther over to the right. Some big rocks also will be removed. Jack is going to serve as the "gravel coordinator. " When we know the date, he'll put out the word for folks to come up and help spread the gravel. The existing large pile of sand likely will be moved way over to the left, to be spread at the new Serpentina site.
            Longer term plans include a concrete pad where the middle picnic shelter is (the first one you come to when you walk down), and an actual road down from the parking lot to a single handicap parking space at that shelter. A paved path would then extend from that shelter to the bathroom just beyond it, and eventually down to the new dock. It's likely that no concrete work would start until the end of this year's sailing, swimming and picnicking season, once the water in the lake has dropped (it will start to drop in mid-August).
            As part of this, the existing gate (with those awful upright railroad tie posts) will be removed or replaced. It may even get removed or replaced much sooner. Another possibility is that a combination lock could replace the current lock on the existing gate, and we could be given the combo so we could open it to more easily walk down with our gear, and then close it when we leave to prevent people from four-wheeling down there and tearing things up.
            There was even discussion of a possible future trail out on the far side of Turner out to where beginning kitesailers can more easily launch. That's long term. Also, Joyce mentioned that she's working with our own Jim Van der Heyden on a future wind-talker, including working with him on writing a grant. Those funds could come in July 2008.
            Jack has asked me to take over from him as chairman of our BSA organization (he's going to the venerable past-chairman position), and I've asked Eddy to take over from me as secretary (with the understanding that he'll then be chairman next year). We'll try to cycle people through these positions and keep both a boardsailor and a kiter involved to make sure we represent the interests of those using both types of gear. Jim is our wind-talker rep. The Lucky Peak folks like having an organization to contact, rather than hearing from lots and lots of different people. So if anyone has any thoughts on the wind-talker, please contact Jim, and on anything else, please contact me (Betsy) or Eddy, and we'll pass it along. I have to say, I feel really good about this. I think we're going to have a good season up there. I was even wondering if perhaps, with the predicted 80-degree weather, morning wind might happen this weekend…
               -Betsy  

            --~--~------ ---~--~-- --~------ ------~-- -----~--~ ----~
            This message is via your subscription to the Google Groups
            "Boise Sailors Association" group.
            To post: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
            To unsubscribe: BoiseSailors- unsubscribe@ googlegroups. com
            Group stuff: http://groups. google.com/ group/BoiseSailo rs
            Sailing stuff: http://fortboise. org/windsurfing/
            -~---------- ~----~--- -~----~-- ----~---- ~------~- -~---


          • Darrel Thomas
            Congrats on the Secratary position. Just in time for Administrative assistant s day. ... From: Gear Daddy, LLC To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com Sent:
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 25, 2007
              Congrats on the Secratary position.  Just in time for Administrative assistant's day.
               
               
              ----- Original Message -----
              Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:12 PM
              Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

              yes the life preserver and post are going to be relocated and changed to safer low profile break away unit


              From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:snowkiteida ho@yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Bolt, Jon
              Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:54 PM
              To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
              Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

              Wow, Joyce & crew seem to be putting serious thought and effort into making the location better meet our needs (while also meeting needs of other users).  This is great.  After this comes off, we should do something to get her (& crew) positive recognition with superiors, and maybe some sort of group appreciation action (lunch, free windsurf/kite lessons, etc). 
               
              Eddy...aside from moving Serpentina, will they be moving the big life preserver box & steel mounting pole that's now in front of the existing dock?
               
               
               
               


              From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:snowkiteida ho@yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Gear Daddy, LLC
              Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:04 PM
              To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
              Subject: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

              These are the meeting minutes for this morning.
               
              I was nominated for the Secretary position and kiter Rep. Yeah haw always wanted to be a secretary!  If anyone has objection to my taking this position please speak up.
               
              Eddy
               
              Betsy is the queen of windsurfing at LP.


              From: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com [mailto:BoiseSailor s@googlegroups. com] On Behalf Of Betsy Russell
              Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:54 PM
              To: Boise Sailors Association
              Subject: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

              Here's what came out of this morning's meeting at Lucky Peak re Barclay Bay:

              Eddy, Jack and I met with Joyce Dunning, the head of the park, and Monty, who does the maintenance work, and Richard Turner, their civil engineer. It went well and they were very interested in and responsive to our needs for windsurfing and kitesailing there. As you all know, there's a handicap-accessible swimming beach and dock in the process of going in, along with other improvements, as part of a grant-funded project. Already, the project has been modified to keep the right-hand side of the beach (as you stand on shore looking at the water) open for us to launch, and to add gravel as we specified for rigging and launching.

              Now, Serpentina is going to be moved over to the left – pretty far over, it sounds like, which is great news for kiters who can snag lines on her where she is now. Eddy volunteered to bring a crew of interested folks up to help with the move and replanting of Serpentina. Monty will have heavy equipment. Date to be determined, but it will be before May 30, when the new dock is scheduled to go in.

              The new dock will also be off to the left of where the existing dock is, but it will be a T-shaped, handicap-accessible dock that at its widest point, at the end of the T, will be 30 feet wide. We're pushing for it, too, to go as far to the left as possible. If you go up there now and see the depth-marker poles that are stuck into the sand of the swimming beach, the far-left one will roughly mark the far-left, outer corner of where the T of the dock will be. The existing sign on the dock will be removed, and hopefully replaced with a lower-profile sign at the new dock that will attach to the front of the life ring.

              Also, more pea gravel is being ordered, to go in over some ¾-minus gravel for a base, to extend our graveled area at our launch, extending it farther over to the right. Some big rocks also will be removed. Jack is going to serve as the "gravel coordinator. " When we know the date, he'll put out the word for folks to come up and help spread the gravel. The existing large pile of sand likely will be moved way over to the left, to be spread at the new Serpentina site.

              Longer term plans include a concrete pad where the middle picnic shelter is (the first one you come to when you walk down), and an actual road down from the parking lot to a single handicap parking space at that shelter. A paved path would then extend from that shelter to the bathroom just beyond it, and eventually down to the new dock. It's likely that no concrete work would start until the end of this year's sailing, swimming and picnicking season, once the water in the lake has dropped (it will start to drop in mid-August).

              As part of this, the existing gate (with those awful upright railroad tie posts) will be removed or replaced. It may even get removed or replaced much sooner. Another possibility is that a combination lock could replace the current lock on the existing gate, and we could be given the combo so we could open it to more easily walk down with our gear, and then close it when we leave to prevent people from four-wheeling down there and tearing things up.

              There was even discussion of a possible future trail out on the far side of Turner out to where beginning kitesailers can more easily launch. That's long term. Also, Joyce mentioned that she's working with our own Jim Van der Heyden on a future wind-talker, including working with him on writing a grant. Those funds could come in July 2008.

              Jack has asked me to take over from him as chairman of our BSA organization (he's going to the venerable past-chairman position), and I've asked Eddy to take over from me as secretary (with the understanding that he'll then be chairman next year). We'll try to cycle people through these positions and keep both a boardsailor and a kiter involved to make sure we represent the interests of those using both types of gear. Jim is our wind-talker rep. The Lucky Peak folks like having an organization to contact, rather than hearing from lots and lots of different people. So if anyone has any thoughts on the wind-talker, please contact Jim, and on anything else, please contact me (Betsy) or Eddy, and we'll pass it along. I have to say, I feel really good about this. I think we're going to have a good season up there. I was even wondering if perhaps, with the predicted 80-degree weather, morning wind might happen this weekend…

                 -Betsy  


              --~--~------ ---~--~-- --~------ ------~-- -----~--~ ----~
              This message is via your subscription to the Google Groups
              "Boise Sailors Association" group.
              To post: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
              To unsubscribe: BoiseSailors- unsubscribe@ googlegroups. com
              Group stuff: http://groups. google.com/ group/BoiseSailo rs
              Sailing stuff: http://fortboise. org/windsurfing/
              -~---------- ~----~--- -~----~-- ----~---- ~------~- -~---

            • kiterguuy
              is that the job were you got get ever ones coffee and food--- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Darrel Thomas ... Administrative
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 25, 2007
                is that the job were you got get ever ones coffee and food--- In
                snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas" <darrelthomas@...>
                wrote:
                >
                > Congrats on the Secratary position. Just in time for
                Administrative assistant's day.
                >
                >
                > ----- Original Message -----
                > From: Gear Daddy, LLC
                > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:12 PM
                > Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to
                move
                >
                >
                >
                > yes the life preserver and post are going to be relocated and
                changed to safer low profile break away unit
                >
                >
                >
                > --------------------------------------------------------------------
                ----------
                > From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bolt, Jon
                > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:54 PM
                > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to
                move
                >
                >
                >
                > Wow, Joyce & crew seem to be putting serious thought and effort
                into making the location better meet our needs (while also meeting
                needs of other users). This is great. After this comes off, we
                should do something to get her (& crew) positive recognition with
                superiors, and maybe some sort of group appreciation action (lunch,
                free windsurf/kite lessons, etc).
                >
                > Eddy...aside from moving Serpentina, will they be moving the big
                life preserver box & steel mounting pole that's now in front of the
                existing dock?
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > --------------------------------------------------------------------
                ----------
                > From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Gear Daddy, LLC
                > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:04 PM
                > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move
                >
                >
                >
                > These are the meeting minutes for this morning.
                >
                > I was nominated for the Secretary position and kiter Rep. Yeah
                haw always wanted to be a secretary! If anyone has objection to my
                taking this position please speak up.
                >
                > Eddy
                >
                > Betsy is the queen of windsurfing at LP.
                >
                >
                >
                > --------------------------------------------------------------------
                ----------
                > From: BoiseSailors@...
                [mailto:BoiseSailors@...] On Behalf Of Betsy Russell
                > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:54 PM
                > To: Boise Sailors Association
                > Subject: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move
                >
                >
                > Here's what came out of this morning's meeting at Lucky Peak re
                Barclay Bay:
                >
                > Eddy, Jack and I met with Joyce Dunning, the head of the park,
                and Monty, who does the maintenance work, and Richard Turner, their
                civil engineer. It went well and they were very interested in and
                responsive to our needs for windsurfing and kitesailing there. As you
                all know, there's a handicap-accessible swimming beach and dock in
                the process of going in, along with other improvements, as part of a
                grant-funded project. Already, the project has been modified to keep
                the right-hand side of the beach (as you stand on shore looking at
                the water) open for us to launch, and to add gravel as we specified
                for rigging and launching.
                >
                > Now, Serpentina is going to be moved over to the left - pretty
                far over, it sounds like, which is great news for kiters who can snag
                lines on her where she is now. Eddy volunteered to bring a crew of
                interested folks up to help with the move and replanting of
                Serpentina. Monty will have heavy equipment. Date to be determined,
                but it will be before May 30, when the new dock is scheduled to go
                in.
                >
                > The new dock will also be off to the left of where the existing
                dock is, but it will be a T-shaped, handicap-accessible dock that at
                its widest point, at the end of the T, will be 30 feet wide. We're
                pushing for it, too, to go as far to the left as possible. If you go
                up there now and see the depth-marker poles that are stuck into the
                sand of the swimming beach, the far-left one will roughly mark the
                far-left, outer corner of where the T of the dock will be. The
                existing sign on the dock will be removed, and hopefully replaced
                with a lower-profile sign at the new dock that will attach to the
                front of the life ring.
                >
                > Also, more pea gravel is being ordered, to go in over some ¾-
                minus gravel for a base, to extend our graveled area at our launch,
                extending it farther over to the right. Some big rocks also will be
                removed. Jack is going to serve as the "gravel coordinator." When we
                know the date, he'll put out the word for folks to come up and help
                spread the gravel. The existing large pile of sand likely will be
                moved way over to the left, to be spread at the new Serpentina site.
                >
                > Longer term plans include a concrete pad where the middle picnic
                shelter is (the first one you come to when you walk down), and an
                actual road down from the parking lot to a single handicap parking
                space at that shelter. A paved path would then extend from that
                shelter to the bathroom just beyond it, and eventually down to the
                new dock. It's likely that no concrete work would start until the end
                of this year's sailing, swimming and picnicking season, once the
                water in the lake has dropped (it will start to drop in mid-August).
                >
                > As part of this, the existing gate (with those awful upright
                railroad tie posts) will be removed or replaced. It may even get
                removed or replaced much sooner. Another possibility is that a
                combination lock could replace the current lock on the existing gate,
                and we could be given the combo so we could open it to more easily
                walk down with our gear, and then close it when we leave to prevent
                people from four-wheeling down there and tearing things up.
                >
                > There was even discussion of a possible future trail out on the
                far side of Turner out to where beginning kitesailers can more easily
                launch. That's long term. Also, Joyce mentioned that she's working
                with our own Jim Van der Heyden on a future wind-talker, including
                working with him on writing a grant. Those funds could come in July
                2008.
                >
                > Jack has asked me to take over from him as chairman of our BSA
                organization (he's going to the venerable past-chairman position),
                and I've asked Eddy to take over from me as secretary (with the
                understanding that he'll then be chairman next year). We'll try to
                cycle people through these positions and keep both a boardsailor and
                a kiter involved to make sure we represent the interests of those
                using both types of gear. Jim is our wind-talker rep. The Lucky Peak
                folks like having an organization to contact, rather than hearing
                from lots and lots of different people. So if anyone has any thoughts
                on the wind-talker, please contact Jim, and on anything else, please
                contact me (Betsy) or Eddy, and we'll pass it along. I have to say, I
                feel really good about this. I think we're going to have a good
                season up there. I was even wondering if perhaps, with the predicted
                80-degree weather, morning wind might happen this weekend.
                >
                > -Betsy
                >
                >
                > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
                > This message is via your subscription to the Google Groups
                > "Boise Sailors Association" group.
                > To post: BoiseSailors@...
                > To unsubscribe: BoiseSailors-unsubscribe@...
                > Group stuff: http://groups.google.com/group/BoiseSailors
                > Sailing stuff: http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/
                > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
                >
              • Dr. Binegar
                Kiterguuy, Easy on Eddy. He has taken such good care of me with my slow kiting progress. Although, he did not let me take the elevator down on my last visit
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 26, 2007

                  Kiterguuy,

                   

                  Easy on Eddy.  He has taken such good care of me with my slow kiting progress.  Although, he did not let me take the elevator down on my last visit to Last Chance.  Jack knows what I am referring to. 

                   

                  Thanks to Eddy, Betsy, Jack, Jim, and whoever else has been representing us for the great improvements and the relationships being developed to make our lives more fun.  See you all Saturday am, if there is wind?

                   

                  Bill

                   

                  William G Binegar, MD

                  Pain Medicine-Board Certified

                  Anesthesiology-Board Certified

                  Medical Director

                  Pain Care Boise

                  301 W. Myrtle

                  Boise, ID   83702

                  Office: 208.342.8200 | Fax: 208.342.8202

                  www.paincareboise.com

                   

                  ********************************************************************************************************************************************

                  The information contained in this message is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and prohibited from disclosure to any other party under applicable law.

                  If you have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.  If received in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone.  Thank you.

                  *********************************************************************************************************************************************


                  From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kiterguuy
                  Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:53 PM
                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

                   

                  is that the job were you got get ever ones coffee and food--- In
                  snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, "Darrel Thomas" <darrelthomas@ ...>
                  wrote:

                  >
                  > Congrats on the Secratary position. Just in time for
                  Administrative assistant's day.
                  >
                  >
                  > ----- Original Message -----
                  > From: Gear Daddy, LLC
                  > To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                  > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:12 PM
                  > Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to
                  move
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > yes the life preserver and post are going to be relocated and
                  changed to safer low profile break away unit
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
                  ----------
                  > From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                  [mailto:snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Bolt, Jon
                  > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:54 PM
                  > To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                  > Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to
                  move
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Wow, Joyce & crew seem to be putting serious thought and effort
                  into making the location better meet our needs (while also meeting
                  needs of other users). This is great. After this comes off, we
                  should do something to get her (& crew) positive recognition with
                  superiors, and maybe some sort of group appreciation action (lunch,
                  free windsurf/kite lessons, etc).
                  >
                  > Eddy...aside from moving Serpentina, will they be moving the big
                  life preserver box & steel mounting pole that's now in front of the
                  existing dock?
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
                  ----------
                  > From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                  [mailto:snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Gear Daddy, LLC
                  > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:04 PM
                  > To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                  > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > These are the meeting minutes for this morning.
                  >
                  > I was nominated for the Secretary position and kiter Rep. Yeah
                  haw always wanted to be a secretary! If anyone has objection to my
                  taking this position please speak up.
                  >
                  > Eddy
                  >
                  > Betsy is the queen of windsurfing at LP.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
                  ----------
                  > From: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
                  [mailto:BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com] On Behalf Of Betsy Russell
                  > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:54 PM
                  > To: Boise Sailors Association
                  > Subject: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move
                  >
                  >
                  > Here's what came out of this morning's meeting at
                  w:st="on">Lucky Peak re
                  Barclay Bay:
                  >
                  > Eddy, Jack and I met with Joyce Dunning, the head of the park,
                  and Monty, who does the maintenance work, and Richard Turner, their
                  civil engineer. It went well and they were very interested in and
                  responsive to our needs for windsurfing and kitesailing there. As you
                  all know, there's a handicap-accessible swimming beach and dock in
                  the process of going in, along with other improvements, as part of a
                  grant-funded project. Already, the project has been modified to keep
                  the right-hand side of the beach (as you stand on shore looking at
                  the water) open for us to launch, and to add gravel as we specified
                  for rigging and launching.
                  >
                  > Now, Serpentina is going to be moved over to the left - pretty
                  far over, it sounds like, which is great news for kiters who can snag
                  lines on her where she is now. Eddy volunteered to bring a crew of
                  interested folks up to help with the move and replanting of
                  Serpentina. Monty will have heavy equipment. Date to be determined,
                  but it will be before May 30, when the new dock is scheduled to go
                  in.
                  >
                  > The new dock will also be off to the left of where the existing
                  dock is, but it will be a T-shaped, handicap-accessible dock that at
                  its widest point, at the end of the T, will be 30 feet wide. We're
                  pushing for it, too, to go as far to the left as possible. If you go
                  up there now and see the depth-marker poles that are stuck into the
                  sand of the swimming beach, the far-left one will roughly mark the
                  far-left, outer corner of where the T of the dock will be. The
                  existing sign on the dock will be removed, and hopefully replaced
                  with a lower-profile sign at the new dock that will attach to the
                  front of the life ring.
                  >
                  > Also, more pea gravel is being ordered, to go in over some ¾-
                  minus gravel for a base, to extend our graveled area at our launch,
                  extending it farther over to the right. Some big rocks also will be
                  removed. Jack is going to serve as the "gravel coordinator. " When we
                  know the date, he'll put out the word for folks to come up and help
                  spread the gravel. The existing large pile of sand likely will be
                  moved way over to the left, to be spread at the new Serpentina site.
                  >
                  > Longer term plans include a concrete pad where the middle picnic
                  shelter is (the first one you come to when you walk down), and an
                  actual road down from the parking lot to a single handicap parking
                  space at that shelter. A paved path would then extend from that
                  shelter to the bathroom just beyond it, and eventually down to the
                  new dock. It's likely that no concrete work would start until the end
                  of this year's sailing, swimming and picnicking season, once the
                  water in the lake has dropped (it will start to drop in mid-August).
                  >
                  > As part of this, the existing gate (with those awful upright
                  railroad tie posts) will be removed or replaced. It may even get
                  removed or replaced much sooner. Another possibility is that a
                  combination lock could replace the current lock on the existing gate,
                  and we could be given the combo so we could open it to more easily
                  walk down with our gear, and then close it when we leave to prevent
                  people from four-wheeling down there and tearing things up.
                  >
                  > There was even discussion of a possible future trail out on the
                  far side of Turner out to where beginning kitesailers can more easily
                  launch. That's long term. Also, Joyce mentioned that she's working
                  with our own Jim Van der Heyden on a future wind-talker, including
                  working with him on writing a grant. Those funds could come in July
                  2008.
                  >
                  > Jack has asked me to take over from him as chairman of our BSA
                  organization (he's going to the venerable past-chairman position),
                  and I've asked Eddy to take over from me as secretary (with the
                  understanding that he'll then be chairman next year). We'll try to
                  cycle people through these positions and keep both a boardsailor and
                  a kiter involved to make sure we represent the interests of those
                  using both types of gear. Jim is our wind-talker rep. The Lucky Peak
                  folks like having an organization to contact, rather than hearing
                  from lots and lots of different people. So if anyone has any thoughts
                  on the wind-talker, please contact Jim, and on anything else, please
                  contact me (Betsy) or Eddy, and we'll pass it along. I have to say, I
                  feel really good about this. I think we're going to have a good
                  season up there. I was even wondering if perhaps, with the predicted
                  80-degree weather, morning wind might happen this weekend.
                  >
                  > -Betsy
                  >
                  >
                  > --~--~------ ---~--~-- --~------ ------~-- -----~--~ ----~
                  > This message is via your subscription to the Google Groups
                  > "Boise Sailors Association" group.
                  > To post: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
                  > To unsubscribe:
                  href="mailto:BoiseSailors-unsubscribe%40googlegroups.com">BoiseSailors- unsubscribe@ googlegroups. com
                  > Group stuff: http://groups. google.com/ group/BoiseSailo rs
                  > Sailing stuff: http://fortboise. org/windsurfing/
                  > -~---------- ~----~--- -~----~-- ----~---- ~------~- -~---
                  >

                • Jason Brickner
                  So it sounds official then... Sat morning at Lucky Peak if there is wind. Anyone else planning on heading up? -Jason _____ From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 26, 2007
                    So it sounds official then...  Sat morning at Lucky Peak if there is wind.  Anyone else planning on heading up?
                     
                    -Jason


                    From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dr. Binegar
                    Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:30 PM
                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

                    Kiterguuy,

                    Easy on Eddy.  He has taken such good care of me with my slow kiting progress.  Although, he did not let me take the elevator down on my last visit to Last Chance.  Jack knows what I am referring to. 

                    Thanks to Eddy, Betsy, Jack, Jim, and whoever else has been representing us for the great improvements and the relationships being developed to make our lives more fun.  See you all Saturday am, if there is wind?

                    Bill

                    William G Binegar, MD

                    Pain Medicine-Board Certified

                    Anesthesiology- Board Certified

                    Medical Director

                    Pain Care Boise

                    301 W. Myrtle

                    Boise, ID   83702

                    Office: 208.342.8200 | Fax: 208.342.8202

                    www.paincareboise. com

                    ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* **

                    The information contained in this message is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and prohibited from disclosure to any other party under applicable law.

                    If you have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.  If received in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone.  Thank you.

                    ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ***


                    From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:snowkiteida ho@yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of kiterguuy
                    Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:53 PM
                    To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                    Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move

                    is that the job were you got get ever ones coffee and food--- In
                    snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, "Darrel Thomas" <darrelthomas@ ...>
                    wrote:

                    >
                    >
                    Congrats on the Secratary position. Just in time for
                    Administrative assistant's day.
                    >
                    >
                    > ----- Original Message -----
                    >
                    From: Gear Daddy, LLC
                    > To:
                    href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                    > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:12 PM
                    > Subject: RE:
                    [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to
                    move
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > yes the life preserver and post are going to be relocated and
                    changed to safer low profile break away unit
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
                    ----------
                    >
                    From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                    [mailto:snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Bolt, Jon
                    > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:54 PM
                    >
                    To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                    >
                    Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to
                    move
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > Wow, Joyce & crew seem to be
                    putting serious thought and effort
                    into making the location better meet our needs (while also meeting
                    needs of other users). This is great. After this comes off, we
                    should do something to get her (& crew) positive recognition with
                    superiors, and maybe some sort of group appreciation action (lunch,
                    free windsurf/kite lessons, etc).
                    >
                    > Eddy...aside
                    from moving Serpentina, will they be moving the big
                    life preserver box & steel mounting pole that's now in front of the
                    existing dock?
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
                    ----------
                    >
                    From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                    [mailto:snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Gear Daddy, LLC
                    > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:04
                    PM
                    > To:
                    href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                    >
                    Subject: [snowkiteidaho] FW: [BSA] Good news - Serpentina to move
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > These are the meeting minutes for this
                    morning.
                    >
                    > I was nominated for the Secretary position and kiter
                    Rep. Yeah
                    haw always wanted to be a secretary! If anyone has objection to my
                    taking this position please speak up.
                    >
                    > Eddy
                    >
                    >
                    Betsy is the queen of windsurfing at LP.
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
                    ----------
                    >
                    From: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
                    [mailto:BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com] On Behalf Of Betsy Russell
                    > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:54
                    PM
                    > To: Boise Sailors Association
                    > Subject: [BSA] Good news -
                    Serpentina to move
                    >
                    >
                    > Here's what came out of this
                    morning's meeting at Lucky Peak re
                    Barclay Bay:
                    >
                    > Eddy, Jack and I met with Joyce Dunning, the head of the
                    park,
                    and Monty, who does the maintenance work, and Richard Turner, their
                    civil engineer. It went well and they were very interested in and
                    responsive to our needs for windsurfing and kitesailing there. As you
                    all know, there's a handicap-accessible swimming beach and dock in
                    the process of going in, along with other improvements, as part of a
                    grant-funded project. Already, the project has been modified to keep
                    the right-hand side of the beach (as you stand on shore looking at
                    the water) open for us to launch, and to add gravel as we specified
                    for rigging and launching.
                    >
                    > Now, Serpentina is going to be moved over to the
                    left - pretty
                    far over, it sounds like, which is great news for kiters who can snag
                    lines on her where she is now. Eddy volunteered to bring a crew of
                    interested folks up to help with the move and replanting of
                    Serpentina. Monty will have heavy equipment. Date to be determined,
                    but it will be before May 30, when the new dock is scheduled to go
                    in.
                    >
                    >
                    The new dock will also be off to the left of where the existing
                    dock is, but it will be a T-shaped, handicap-accessible dock that at
                    its widest point, at the end of the T, will be 30 feet wide. We're
                    pushing for it, too, to go as far to the left as possible. If you go
                    up there now and see the depth-marker poles that are stuck into the
                    sand of the swimming beach, the far-left one will roughly mark the
                    far-left, outer corner of where the T of the dock will be. The
                    existing sign on the dock will be removed, and hopefully replaced
                    with a lower-profile sign at the new dock that will attach to the
                    front of the life ring.
                    >
                    > Also, more pea gravel is being ordered, to go
                    in over some ¾-
                    minus gravel for a base, to extend our graveled area at our launch,
                    extending it farther over to the right. Some big rocks also will be
                    removed. Jack is going to serve as the "gravel coordinator. " When we
                    know the date, he'll put out the word for folks to come up and help
                    spread the gravel. The existing large pile of sand likely will be
                    moved way over to the left, to be spread at the new Serpentina site.
                    >
                    >
                    Longer term plans include a concrete pad where the middle picnic
                    shelter is (the first one you come to when you walk down), and an
                    actual road down from the parking lot to a single handicap parking
                    space at that shelter. A paved path would then extend from that
                    shelter to the bathroom just beyond it, and eventually down to the
                    new dock. It's likely that no concrete work would start until the end
                    of this year's sailing, swimming and picnicking season, once the
                    water in the lake has dropped (it will start to drop in mid-August).
                    >
                    > As part of this, the existing gate (with those
                    awful upright
                    railroad tie posts) will be removed or replaced. It may even get
                    removed or replaced much sooner. Another possibility is that a
                    combination lock could replace the current lock on the existing gate,
                    and we could be given the combo so we could open it to more easily
                    walk down with our gear, and then close it when we leave to prevent
                    people from four-wheeling down there and tearing things up.
                    >
                    > There was even
                    discussion of a possible future trail out on the
                    far side of Turner out to where beginning kitesailers can more easily
                    launch. That's long term. Also, Joyce mentioned that she's working
                    with our own Jim Van der Heyden on a future wind-talker, including
                    working with him on writing a grant. Those funds could come in July
                    2008.
                    >
                    > Jack has asked me to take
                    over from him as chairman of our BSA
                    organization (he's going to the venerable past-chairman position),
                    and I've asked Eddy to take over from me as secretary (with the
                    understanding that he'll then be chairman next year). We'll try to
                    cycle people through these positions and keep both a boardsailor and
                    a kiter involved to make sure we represent the interests of those
                    using both types of gear. Jim is our wind-talker rep. The Lucky Peak
                    folks like having an organization to contact, rather than hearing
                    from lots and lots of different people. So if anyone has any thoughts
                    on the wind-talker, please contact Jim, and on anything else, please
                    contact me (Betsy) or Eddy, and we'll pass it along. I have to say, I
                    feel really good about this. I think we're going to have a good
                    season up there. I was even wondering if perhaps, with the predicted
                    80-degree weather, morning wind might happen this weekend.
                    >
                    > -Betsy
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    --~--~------ ---~--~-- --~------ ------~-- -----~--~ ----~
                    >
                    This message is via your subscription to the Google Groups
                    > "Boise
                    Sailors Association" group.
                    > To post:
                    href="mailto:BoiseSailors%40googlegroups.com">BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
                    > To unsubscribe:
                    href="mailto:BoiseSailors-unsubscribe%40googlegroups.com">BoiseSailors- unsubscribe@ googlegroups. com
                    > Group stuff:
                    href="http://groups.google.com/group/BoiseSailors">http://groups. google.com/ group/BoiseSailo rs
                    > Sailing stuff:
                    href="http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/">http://fortboise. org/windsurfing/
                    >
                    -~---------- ~----~--- -~----~-- ----~---- ~------~- -~---
                    >

                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.