New Member Introduction

  • randy_ruckel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2007
      Hi all,

      I'm not a Kiteboarder yet, but Geary Daddy recommended hooking into
      this group to see what's going on in the area.

      My plan is to start lessons later this year with Gear Daddy. Not sure
      when, it all depends on how my physical therapy is going; currently,
      I'm trying to fix a few kinks in my body.

      If there is anything I can do, let me know; it's hard to take pictures
      and play at the same time, so if your camera is sitting idle, I could
      immortalize you; maybe we could even submit videos to Kiteboarding
      Magazine? Other ideas are: Help rig & de-rig, patch leaks, help in
      chase boats, whatever. While doing any of these things, I'd be
      learning about etiquette, rigging, equipment, lingo, winds, people,
      placesÂ….

      I have varying degrees of experience in: Surfing, Kayak-surfing,
      Whitewater (paddle raft, oar boat, and kayak), Boogie-boarding,
      Cycling, Diving, Snowboarding, Tele-mark skiing, Sailboarding,
      Fishing, Dog Training, and Upland Hunting.

      My goal for Kiteboarding is to get back on the ocean and start
      Kitesurfing. From Point Conception in California, to the Straights of
      Juan De Fuca in Washington, there are quite a few good surfing spots
      that get blown-out more often than not. I figure that having a
      short-board, long-board, kayak, and Kite-boards, would cover the
      rapidly changing conditions quite nicely, not to mention hitting the
      Gorge for a driving break. Tides in Oregon and Washington can shift
      over 10 feet during a cycle, so a hot surf spot may only be available
      for a couple hours; it may get blown-out, or turn into a gigantic sand
      runway that would be perfect for a board with wheels.