wind this afternoon ?

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 15, 2014
      CJ looking best , might see enough on the west side , but LL water quality ?
    • jwattboi
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 15, 2014
        I'm up for CJ around 1-ish if it builds and looks good.
      • Josh Woodland
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 15, 2014

          How is the forecast looking for Lucky Peak this week? To me, it looks like Wednesday and Thursday could work, but I'm not wind savvy yet.

          Thanks,
          Josh

          On Jul 15, 2014 7:35 AM, "Steve Linane" <itile@...> wrote:
          CJ looking best , might see enough on the west side , but LL water quality ?

        • Tom von Alten
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 15, 2014
            > How is the forecast looking for Lucky Peak this week? To me, it looks like
            > Wednesday and Thursday could work, but I'm not wind savvy yet.

            Best forecast for morning wind I know are the meteograms linked
            from uppertv.html, next to the sunrise/sunset graphic, Unisys' 60 hour
            f'cast for Boise and the NWS ETA model. It looks like it may restart
            weakly tomorrow, but Thursday could be good.
            _____________
            Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/uppertv.html
            tva@...
          • Chris Lee
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 16, 2014
              Looks like it may have been enough for kite this morning... http://www.fortboise.org/windsurfing/barclay.png
              But looks a little on the light side.

              Tomorrow looks promising... weekend is not looking too great and hope the forecast is wrong.

              On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Tom von Alten <tva@...> wrote:
              > How is the forecast looking for Lucky Peak this week? To me, it looks like
              > Wednesday and Thursday could work, but I'm not wind savvy yet.

              Best forecast for morning wind I know are the meteograms linked
              from uppertv.html, next to the sunrise/sunset graphic, Unisys' 60 hour
              f'cast for Boise and the NWS ETA model. It looks like it may restart
              weakly tomorrow, but Thursday could be good.

              Best regards,
              Chris Lee.
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 16, 2014
                Four hours in some gusty Manzo winds (15-26). Started on 11m quickly came in and switched to 9m. Fun in the waves as always. 8-10 other kites out. Today not as windy. Heading to next destination for the week.

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 17, 2014
                  Did anyone get some this morning ?
                  CJ was a typical 9m day on Tuesday . around 6 pm it turned west and got a bit smoother . then pizza and beer at Fatty's . Greg , Jim S. , Dan and Jan , Jason W. , it’s a rare occurrence to see  afternoon wind in July .
                  Steve-O
                  PS poor morning wind outlook for the weekend . but a possibility of some afternoon wind .

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 18, 2014

                    Yes, five windsurfers. And a few kites... forgot to count but probably around 5 or 6.

                    All windsurfers came in at the 8:00 low but kites were still going.

                    Best regards,

                    Chris Lee

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 18, 2014
                        yes, this is for Thursday morning! :-)

                        No, you didn't miss anything as I don't think it was enough for windsurfing this morning.  May be marginal for kites according to the numbers.

                        Don't think it will happen again till Tuesday morning...

                          --
                          Best regards,
                          Chris Lee.