CJ today, maybe

  • jwattboi
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 6, 2014
      I'm thinking of heading to CJ later this afternoon if it builds to 20+ and if Grandview builds 12+.  Forecast is for a gradual build through 6pm.  I'll probably wait till the 2:00 readings to decide and leave about 2:30 if it looks promising.  Have room if anyone wants to go.

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 6, 2014
        looks good im in give me a call

        Sent: Friday, June 06, 2014 11:20 AM
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] CJ today, maybe

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 7, 2014
          Yesterday turned out great at CJ.  Steve and I were on 12s and jbrick was on his 14.5.  We probably could have all been on 9s most of the time so we were lit.  On the water until 7:30.

          The forecast today looks real similar to yesterday, supposed to build from noon through 6.  If it comes up I think I might be able to get a family beach day in with some kiting in the mix.  Should know by the 2:00 reading what it's going to do.

        • stefanoortelli
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 7, 2014
            I am on. Hope to be able to get family coming, that is very low confidence. I can't leave very early... Not before 1.30-2.00
          • Josh Woodland
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 7, 2014

              Is Black Sands "the place" to go at C.J.?

                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 7, 2014
                  Anyone bringing kids?
                • Jim Tighe
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 7, 2014

                    Is any one headed down to cj?  Is the wind up,down there.  Might be able to head out

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 7, 2014
                      I am going, still don't know if with wife and daughter or by myself
                    • jwattboi
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 7, 2014
                        Doesn't look nearly as good as yesterday, but might still be worth the drive.  I think I'll be headed that way with the family in a while.  Probably leave 3-ish and get there 4:30 or so, unless the 3:00 readings tank

                        Grandview readings are building and promising.  CJ and KMUO not so much, but forecast shows 6:00 peak.  Picnic and swim if nothing else.
                      • stefanoortelli
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 7, 2014
                          I'm leaving in 10 min with family, kayak, butterlfy net, bow and arrow and everything needed for beach day with family
                        • jwattboi
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 9, 2014
                            Looks like Tuesday could be good again, forecast shows peak at 6:00pm.  Anyone in for late afternoon, leave 2:30-ish if the 2:00 readings look good?

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 9, 2014
                              I’m in

                              Sent: Monday, June 09, 2014 7:37 PM

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 10, 2014
                                Greg, Steve, and I meeting 2:00 at Albys if anyone wants to join us.
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 11, 2014
                                  went to CJ not enough wind went to the river rigged 14ms to big , rigged 12s way over powered stayed on them , got some huge air , then rigged 9ms  just right for a while , then the wind dropped off fast . got about 3 hr . Pizza and beer at Fatty's

                                  Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:07 PM

                                  Greg, Steve, and I meeting 2:00 at Albys if anyone wants to join us.

                                • Jim shultz
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 11, 2014
                                    Speaking of "Huge", came across this on NW Kite forum….time to head west!

                                    Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:07 PM

                                    Greg, Steve, and I meeting 2:00 at Albys if anyone wants to join us.

                                  • Will Hise
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jun 11, 2014
                                      Woot! Headed there next week. Hoping it isn't 45, but some swell would be nice.

                                      Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:07 PM

                                      Greg, Steve, and I meeting 2:00 at Albys if anyone wants to join us.

                                    • Gregory Danley
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jun 11, 2014
                                        Thursday is supposed to be huge at 3 mile. And big Friday and Saturday

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:07 PM

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jun 11, 2014
                                          Where is 3 miles?
                                        • Gregory Danley
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jun 11, 2014
                                            Ten miles west of boardman Oregon. Exit 151

                                            Sent from my iPhone

                                            On Jun 11, 2014, at 5:37 PM, "sortelli@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                            Where is 3 miles?