Does it look good saturday afternoon?

  • stefanoortelli
    Message 1 of 14 , May 30, 2014
      Does it look good saturday afternoon?
    • Gregory Danley
      Message 2 of 14 , May 30, 2014
        I see a bump of wind for Saturday afternoon. May be good for ll or cj.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 30, 2014, at 9:25 PM, "sortelli@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Does it look good saturday afternoon?

      • jwattboi
        Message 3 of 14 , May 31, 2014
          Forecast looks good for later this afternoon peaking at 6.  I'm planning on a CJ trip if it comes up and looks good.  For whatever reason, the river is brown so CJ was the right call the other day.  The local sailing club has a regatta this weekend at CJ too.  Thinking a 1-2 depart depending on what it's looking like.
        • stefanoortelli
          Message 4 of 14 , May 31, 2014
            I can join but not be raedy before 2.00. What time are you planning leaving?
            Message 5 of 14 , May 31, 2014
              I'm good to go but need to see it build more.

              Regards,
              -JBrick
              (208)-475-4670

              Message 6 of 14 , May 31, 2014
                I'm planning on leaving about 2.

                Message 7 of 14 , May 31, 2014
                  What about car pooling? We can use mine
                • jwattboi
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 31, 2014
                    Greg and I rolling in the van shortly.  Have room for one more.  Can swing by albys ~2:45 if you want to load up with us.  Planning on staying late if it gets really good.

                    Message 9 of 14 , May 31, 2014
                      I'm moving toward alberstone, will be there at 2
                    • stefanoortelli
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 31, 2014
                        Ok 2.45 alby
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 31, 2014
                          Wind down to 10 in mt home. Hope it picks up. I won't go till I see 20 steady.

                          Regards,
                          -Jason Brickner
                          Olympus Controls
                          (208)-475-4670

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 1, 2014
                            It picked up alright.  Greg, Stafano, and I got down there, rigged up small kites and waited.  Then came the wall of dust and frothy 7m action.  I went out on the 7 and had a blast, Greg and Stafano had rigged 9's and came out after it mellowed a little.  After about an hour it backed off and I went back in for the 12.  After about 2 hours total it turned off as fast almost as fast as it hit and we all made it back.

                            When I was out on the 7, there was a capsized cat in the middle that was blowing all the way across the reservoir.  I did see a boat make its way toward the cat to check on it.  I didn't see where it finally ended up but it was headed for the canyon.  That probably sucked.
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 1, 2014
                              so was that Saturday ? the meter didn’t show much ,  on a future note , LP looks good for tomorrow morning .

                              Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2014 9:07 AM

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 2, 2014
                                Yes, Saturday late afternoon.  Wind started at 5 and shut off at 7, it was that frontal blast that was forecast to come through.  It was too light for Stefano's 19m Flysurfer when we got there and when we left.

                                Was fun to watch it go from sunny near calm to a wall of dust leaving a raging blue-green ferocity of water.  It stayed that way for about an hour before it backed off to 9m or lit 12m conditions for the next hour.  Then it was done and returned to a nice calm sunny evening.

                                The people on the catamaran must have had an interesting ride.  It booked across the reservoir on its side with its trampoline half up in the air pulling them along.  I never did see where it ended up, maybe Utah.