Lucky Peak Monday

  • Josh Woodland
    Message 1 of 15 , May 25, 2014

      What's the likelihood that Lucky Peak will work tomorrow morning?

      Josh

      Message 2 of 15 , May 25, 2014
        the forecast isn’t real encouraging , but it wouldn’t hurt  to set the alarm and check the Barclay bay readings

        Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:53 PM
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Lucky Peak Monday

        What's the likelihood that Lucky Peak will work tomorrow morning?

        Josh

      • stefanoortelli
        Message 3 of 15 , May 26, 2014
          We should find the way to play in 10-12 mph. My flysurfer speed3 19 allows that, but I'm too scared to launch-land in such a small and risky beach. On a big board I've been riding that kite in 9-10 mph. Not awesome for sure, however much better than sit on a beach waiting for stronger wind to show up
          Message 4 of 15 , May 26, 2014
            keep it with you and one of these mornings when we get skunked I’ll help you launch and land it
            Steve

            Sent: Monday, May 26, 2014 1:19 PM
            Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Lucky Peak Monday

            Message 5 of 15 , May 26, 2014
              Good call! Even in good days, after the 12s are landed, there is still a good hour worth of a 19 flysurfer. I'll take it with me
            • Gregory Danley
              Message 6 of 15 , May 27, 2014
                Looks like wind in the desert tomorrow!

                Sent from my iPhone

                On May 26, 2014, at 2:52 PM, "sortelli@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                Good call! Even in good days, after the 12s are landed, there is still a good hour worth of a 19 flysurfer. I'll take it with me

              • jwattboi
                Message 7 of 15 , May 28, 2014
                  Forecast shows max @6 this evening.  Looks like it's building and moving towards Mtn Home.  Thinking I might head to CJ shortly if anybody wants to go.

                  The dam road is closed.  CJ water is clean, river water was brown on Saturday.
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 28, 2014

                    Looks like the rodeo is on.  27G33 Mt Home.

                    Hoping it works.  Can’t break free tonight.  Aren’t I supposed to have more free time now that the kids are getting older?  J

                    -JBrick

                    The dam road is closed.  CJ water is clean, river water was brown on Saturday.

                  • Jim Tighe
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 28, 2014

                      No to the more free time thing

                      On May 28, 2014 4:15 PM, "Jason Brickner jasonbrickner@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      Looks like the rodeo is on.  27G33 Mt Home.

                      Hoping it works.  Can’t break free tonight.  Aren’t I supposed to have more free time now that the kids are getting older?  J

                      -JBrick

                      The dam road is closed.  CJ water is clean, river water was brown on Saturday.

                    • Will Hise

                        The dam road is closed.  CJ water is clean, river water was brown on Saturday.

                      • Gregory Danley

                          The dam road is closed.  CJ water is clean, river water was brown on Saturday.

                            The dam road is closed.  CJ water is clean, river water was brown on Saturday.

                          • Jim shultz
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 28, 2014
                              Lake Lowell Report:

                              JMac and I hit Gott point.  Jmac all lit up on a 13.5 and a surfboard, I was on an 11 fully depowered most of the session.  We got a good 2 hrs in, pretty big swell for LL.  Water was warm and quality still good.  Steve your carabiner set-up was not there (surprise).  Trained up some local kids to help launch, well worth the trip!