RE: wind meter

  • Jim Tighe
    Message 1 of 17 , May 21 1:31 PM

      I have activated the hotspot on my account.   Have a SIM card that we need to install n are up n running.  Cost is$35 setup fee plus$20 per month no contract.  I will need $10 from 15 people to run through October.  I will go up tomorrow to get it running.  I don't know if it will automatically send our site.  Chris or one of you will have to figure that out

      On May 21, 2014 12:51 PM, "Jim Tighe" <jim@...> wrote:

      James R. Tighe

      Gem State Gymnastics Academy / Tighe Gym Sales

      5420 W. State St., Boise, Idaho 83703

      Gym; 208-853-3220

      Cell; 208-859-1397

      Message 2 of 17 , May 21 2:34 PM
        Anyone willing to chip in for last years hotspot cost would be appreciated.  It ended up costing $300.00, so any donations would be appreciated.

        Thanks,
        Jake

        Sent from my iPad

        --
        Best regards,

        Chris Lee

        --
        Best regards,

        Chris Lee

        --
        Best regards,

        Chris Lee

        --
        Best regards,

        Chris Lee

        --
        Best regards,

        Chris Lee

        --
        Best regards,

        Chris Lee

        --
        Best regards,

        Chris Lee

        --
        Best regards,

        Chris Lee

        --
        Best regards,

        Chris Lee

        --
        Best regards,

        Chris Lee

      • Will Hise

          Message 4 of 17 , May 21 3:05 PM
            Wow, Jake...did you end up bearing the cell subscription cost last year?  What happened?  July 17 last year Rusty wrote this email to the group:
            _______________________

            Hey everyone,
            Just a quick reminder that tonight is the BSA get together at Jim Tige's place at 6:30. Also, if everyone could bring some money to help out with the new weather station it would be much appreciated. Here's where we're at...

            Davis instruments vantage Vue weather station - $410
            Meteobridge router $32
            Licensing for meteobridge $64
            Verizon Internet $50/month x 6months =$300
            Grand total = $806

            Jim Shultz has already contributed $30 which puts the remainder at $776. Divide that by 25 contributors and were just over $30 a piece. Any surplus will go toward getting a weather can setup. We wanted to make sure the weather instruments were working before introducing any more variables. Once we have that up and working, the goal is to get a local business to sponsor the Internet connection so that the next years we won't need any contributions. At least until equipment needs replaced. Thanks everyone for your patience and willingness to contribute and a HUGE thank you to Jason Brickner and Jon bolt for your help and many hours service getting this new system up and running! See you all soon!

            Rusty Hill
            208.891.7744
            _________________________

            Then on July 27 (after collecting donations at Jim T.'s party) Rusty sent out another request for donations saying he still didn't have enough to cover the total listed in previous message.  But I don't see any record of how many contributed or how much was collected or how much remained to be collected.  After that there were no further messages on this topic so I think everyone assumed contributors had come forward to cover it and Rusty worked it out w/ you.  I know I did.    I just assumed Rusty got at least the 25 contributors, which would've included the Verizon subscription.  Maybe he didn't get enough contributors, or maybe he blew your share in Jackpot on booze & women & gambling...???.

            We'll figure this out.  Sorry you've been stuck w/ this...

            Rusty???  You there...or in Jackpot?

                Message 7 of 17 , May 21 4:31 PM
                  We should start charging for pictures the public take of us. And also charging for every person who ask any of the following questions:

                  Is it difficult?
                  Don't your arms get tired?
                  Aren't you cold?
                  What's that called?
                  How do you keep the board on your feet?

                  And maybe I should put a dollar in the fund every time I try a trick and crash. We'd be able to buy a new weather station!

                  Message 8 of 17 , May 21 4:35 PM

                    Sounds like a good plan to me.

                    -JBrick

                      Message 10 of 17 , May 22 6:52 AM
                        Jake, give us an address to send donations to pay for last year.

                        I'll give Big Jim this year's donation when I see him. ( All pennies!)

                        It's embarrassing that we as a group can't support the weather station financially.
                        Bruce
                      • robbnukebruce
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 22 7:21 AM
                          Or if you have a Paypal account, Jake, that'd be fine, too. (If Paypal hasn't been hacked, too!)
                        • Jake Dobson
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 22 4:47 PM
                            Whatever anyone wants to chip in is fine.

                            1915 W. Mulhuland Court
                            Kuna, ID. 83634

                            Sent from my iPhone

                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 18, 2014

                                Hey all;

                                I trekked up to LP today and packed up the wind meter.  I climbed up the pole and took the anemometer also.  I left the battery back up not knowing if that was ours, at least I think that was a battery back up.  If it is ours let me know and I will go grab it also.  The anemometer looks to be in great shape.  Tomorrow I will cancel the Verizon hot spot charge.  So this means the season is truly over .  Unless we get a late Indian summer>

                                It also means that the Snow kite season is on>>>>

                                James R. Tighe

                                Gem State Gymnastics Academy / Tighe Gym Sales

                                5420 W. State St., Boise, Idaho 83703

                                Gym; 208-853-3220

                                Cell; 208-859-1397

                                email: jim@...

                              • Gregory Danley

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Nov 19, 2014

                                    Hello Jim,

                                    I still have all the user manuals for the unit in my file drawer.  I can hang on to them for now, but let me know if you want them.

                                    Regards,

                                    -JBrick