Re: [BSA] Barclay pea gravel...

  • Chris Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2014
      I went up this morning to check on the weather station and the beach.

      Launch looks doable.  I wouldn't have much problem launching my windsurfer from the beach... just a bit longer walk and have to negotiate through the rocks.  Coming out may be a little steep at places.  A few more feet of water will help.

      There's no new pea gravel on the beach that I can tell.  The pile of sand is still there as I remembered it from last year.

      Weather station looks like still connected and the reading at 7:30 a.m was 18G24.  The air temp (from my car) was 50 degree and the sign on the dam said water temp is 54 degree.  It looks pretty good and I would have sailed if I didn't have a morning meeting.

      I believe all we need is just to subscribe to the internet service and check to ensure the data is being pushed to wunderground and we should be in business.  It would be good if we can get that going this Saturday.

      Unfortunately, I have prior commitment this Sat so won't be able to make it up to LP in the morning.  Will try to make the afternoon party but not sure at the moment.

      On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 6:32 PM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:
      Folks, any who've been up to Barclay Beach recently here's a question....
      A big load of pea gravel was delivered to the beach last fall.  We furnished ACE a map of where we wanted it spread.  Anyone who's been up: has it been spread or are there still big piles of pea gravel and/or sand to deal with???.

      Best regards,
      Chris Lee.