Season opening wind junkie bbq potluck...

    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2014
      Hey folks!  About time for annual Barclay Beach cleanup, and a season kickoff event.  Lost track of who's who in our BSA to arrange the beach cleanup, but I'll take on the kickoff party.  And...as it turns out...Ryan & Kelly Waite & brand new daughter Breaell will be back in town as of Monday May 12.  So how about Saturday May 17 afternoon for combined season kick-off & welcome home to the Waite family?.

      Semi-potluck format:
      location: my house 6501 W. Plantation Ln., back yard (so may reschedule if weather looks unfavorable). https://www.google.com/maps/place/6501+W+Plantation+Ln/@43.656821,-116.270134,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x54aeff7241824c29:0xbe145cfcae1b4d00?hl=en

      - start time: 2:00pm...early enough so it stays warm throughout.  If warm enough, any wanting to float river could end up at my house; we arrange shuttles earlier in day to put in at Riverside Hotel.

      bring:
      • your own meat entre for yer fam (or the vegans, a tofu du jour); plus...your choice of a salad, veggie side, garlic bread, dessert, or whatever for community sharing.
      • beverage of your choice
      • camping chairs because I probably don't have near enough to go around
      • flipflops or slip on shoes for easy removal enroute to powder room, since wife has no-shoes-inside-house rule and carries large scimitar for swift amputation of anyone caught wearing shoes in da house!
      - I'll provide: plates & utensils & cups & some sort of non-alcoholic beverages like river water (don't worry...Jack reports its cleanest early in season before warming sets in)

      - Optional attire: wear your favorite shemagh to ease culture shock for Ryan & Kelly... make it your own style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YPU1Z-d_Ow

      Hope that date works for most & weather cooperates...

      Jon

    • kerrminator2
      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2014
        Jacque and I are going to try to come Jon.

        -Garrett
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2014
          Those of you coming to Sailor Social & Season Kickoff at my house.  When you arrive, just c'mon around into backyard around left side of house follow concrete.

          Park in driveway or street.  Bring slip-ons or sandals easily removed for trips to powder rm.

          See you 2pm.

          6501 W. Plantation Ln.

          Jon