Fw: water quality results

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28, 2014
      I got this idea to check the water quilt of Indian creek and Lake Lowell , So I collaborated with Jack and here is his report . It doesn't look like it but there is room for 3 or 4 kiters at ICR .

      Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 6:40 AM
      Subject: water quality results

      Steve – I have the Ecoli bacteria results from the Lab:

         >> LL = 10 counts /100mL

         >> Indian Creek = 39 counts/100mL

      >> Standard for recreation = 126

      counts/100mL

      Keep in mind, this will change during season, and tends to increase with more runoff and hotter weather.

                  So for now, have all the fun you can find, where every you like!  Jack

      Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW

      HyQual, P.A.

      208.861.1654

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 28, 2014

        Nice work.  That explains why none of us have died yet.

        -JBrick

        Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 6:40 AM

        Steve – I have the Ecoli bacteria results from the Lab:

           >> LL = 10 counts /100mL

           >> Indian Creek = 39 counts/100mL

        >> Standard for recreation = 126 counts/100mL

        Keep in mind, this will change during season, and tends to increase with more runoff and hotter weather.

                    So for now, have all the fun you can find, where every you like!  Jack

        Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW

        HyQual, P.A.

        208.861.1654

      • Gregory Danley
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 28, 2014
          Nice, thanks for checking it out.

          Sent from my iPhone

          Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 6:40 AM

          Steve – I have the Ecoli bacteria results from the Lab:

             >> LL = 10 counts /100mL

             >> Indian Creek = 39 counts/100mL

          >> Standard for recreation = 126 counts/100mL

          Keep in mind, this will change during season, and tends to increase with more runoff and hotter weather.

                      So for now, have all the fun you can find, where every you like!  Jack

          Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW

          HyQual, P.A.

          208.861.1654

        • robbnukebruce
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 28, 2014
            Thanks, Steve...I always kind of wondered about LL water quality. (The other mudpits I wouldn't go in anyway.)
            As we say in my line of work; Good questioning attitude!
          • Bill Binegar
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 28, 2014
              I almost died at Lake Lowell one time. Severe bloody diarrhea after a session of windsurfing there. I was a beginner windsurfer and in the drink a lot. Agree with Jack may want to check again later in the year when it is warmer. Thanks Jack and Steve for looking into this

              Sent from my iPhone

              Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 6:40 AM

              Steve – I have the Ecoli bacteria results from the Lab:

                 >> LL = 10 counts /100mL

                 >> Indian Creek = 39 counts/100mL

              >> Standard for recreation = 126 counts/100mL

              Keep in mind, this will change during season, and tends to increase with more runoff and hotter weather.

                          So for now, have all the fun you can find, where every you like!  Jack

              Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW

              HyQual, P.A.

              208.861.1654

            • Jim Tighe

                Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 6:40 AM

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 29, 2014
                  Agreed , I’m not making a argument for kiting there , I’m saying “ if “ you think you can stand the mud etc. it is doable . when you stand next to it its a lot bigger then it looks from the freeway . I would say its equal to the reach at the Bruneau bridge

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 29, 2014
                    Other issue with ICR is "dirty" wind near the dam.  Can be ugly depending on wind direction, not a big deal when you have more space.  It is so convenient though!

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 6:40 AM