CJ Dam bridge closed until 7/31

  • robbnukebruce
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 24, 2014
      Today's paper says they're repairing that rickety wooden bridge below the dam.
      Going to have to take the long way around to Black Sands.

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 24, 2014
        Thanks for the heads up . Suppose to be windy this weekend . Probably go to the river or LL , You know Bruce , I haven’t seen any windsurfers at the pump house for a long time , it use to be a favorite . and a better bet then CJ . I think Charlie Russell was the first to sail there . Bring your small gear , I remember about 15 or 20 years ago Paul Kerr , Tom C and me were there . Paul was the only one with small enough gear , so we took turns on his 4.0 sail and a 65 L board . that’s is the wide point in the river my guess is it’s a haft mile wide there . I was up there just the other day and its plenty deep even for a long pointer .

        Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:57 AM
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] CJ Dam bridge closed until 7/31

        Today's paper says they're repairing that rickety wooden bridge below the dam.
        Going to have to take the long way around to Black Sands.

      • Jim Tighe
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 24, 2014

          Steve;

          I have not been there for a couple of years.  I think the kiters are all going to the east side of the bridge now.  It that right?  How would that area be for sailing.????

          James R. Tighe

          Gem State Gymnastics Academy / Tighe Gym Sales

          5420 W. State St., Boise, Idaho 83703

          Gym; 208-853-3220

          Cell; 208-859-1397

          Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:57 AM

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 24, 2014
            Jim
            It’s a short reach and shallow  close to the banks , I've sailed there but spent most of my time staying up wind . Witch isn't much of a problem , you can get off and walk the board up wind if need be .

            Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:57 AM

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 24, 2014
              Has anyone ever tried Swan Falls.  My neighbor goes there often & says it's always windy, and there is Idaho Power park there too (maybe a launch spot?).

              Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:57 AM

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 24, 2014
                Tom V.A. and I were there by the river pump house probably two years ago, a cool Fall day. Windy, a 4.5 day. Tom left his small sail home...( Doh! )  No one else there. I prefer Black Sands launch on CJ, deeper water.

                iSUPed yesterday all the way up LP until it turns left, a good three miles one way. I have (more) new found respect for SUP Larry. Water is still damn cold.
              • robbnukebruce
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 24, 2014
                  By happenstance, today's paper has a big article about Swan Falls rec area.

                  http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/04/24/3150853/swan-falls-recreation-renovation.html?sp=/99/1687/&ihp=1
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 24, 2014
                    Yesterday in the rain you get some respect for that , let me know next time you go

                    Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:18 AM