windy weekend

    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 3, 2014
      the river is looking windy Saturday maybe but Sunday cranking
    • jwattboi
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 4, 2014
        Looks to be another great spring river party.  Maybe a repeat of last Sunday but warmer.
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 5, 2014
          Sunday for sure.  20-30

          Today ??? 15-18

          Eddy

          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 5, 2014
            Heading to CJ

            Eddy

            On Apr 4, 2014, at 10:13 PM, <jwattboi@...> wrote:

            Looks to be another great spring river party.  Maybe a repeat of last Sunday but warmer.

          • Gregory Danley

                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 6, 2014
                  17 g 26 and 52 starting out very good see you there
                  Im headed to the river

                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 6, 2014
                    I'm thinking early.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                          Message 12 of 27 , Apr 6, 2014
                            Anyone meeting at Alby's? I like the earlier idea.

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            I'm getting ready

                            Message 13 of 27 , Apr 7, 2014
                              How was it?
                            • Will Hise
                              Message 14 of 27 , Apr 7, 2014
                                Was good. More rodeo than last weekend but also a lot sunnier and warmer. Good times had by all I think. Two guys had a small tangle and minor rescue but no injuries. I have a few pics I'll get out to everyone soon.

                                Mostly 9m kites. Wind was probably 5m-12m in the gusts and lulls but I would not want anything bigger than a 9. Gnarly sustained gusts.

                                On Monday, April 7, 2014, <sortelli@...> wrote:

                                How was it?

                              • Tonyswilliams

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Apr 8, 2014
                                        Excellent Will!

                                        I was out on an 11m last weekend…a little much probably, doing the occasional T-bag, it was a short session.

                                        Jim S.

                                        On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

                                        On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

                                        I thought it was really good. Less gusty as time went on and got stronger late. By 6:30 it was big jumps without having to even build up much speed. Warm as well

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        On Apr 7, 2014, at 8:59 PM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

                                        Was good. More rodeo than last weekend but also a lot sunnier and warmer. Good times had by all I think. Two guys had a small tangle and minor rescue but no injuries. I have a few pics I'll get out to everyone soon.

                                        Mostly 9m kites. Wind was probably 5m-12m in the gusts and lulls but I would not want anything bigger than a 9. Gnarly sustained gusts.

                                        On Monday, April 7, 2014, <sortelli@...> wrote:

                                        How was it?

                                      • Andrew Goldman

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Apr 9, 2014
                                              Fun.  Where's the kitemare shot?

                                              Eddy

                                              On Apr 8, 2014, at 11:33 PM, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

[...]

                                              <sequence1.JPG>
                                              <sequence2.JPG>
                                              <sequence3.JPG>
                                              <sequence4.JPG>
                                            • jwattboi
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Apr 9, 2014
                                                Weird, I don't see the photos on the web interface, I thought they used to show up.  We were left off camera but did drift in frame getting them untangled so no action shots.
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Apr 9, 2014
                                                  ...that beaver in the reeds takes cool shots...

                                                  ...kitemare?  whahappen?  learnings to share?

                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Apr 9, 2014
                                                    Yeah, it's on me.  I was slightly upwind and close to Bill trying to point out my helmet and camera in the reeds so he could get some glam shots.  He jumped and we got wrapped up.  He got us untangled but I had a cut line and he had problems relaunching and ended up kite crashing into the sage so our day was done.
                                                  • Will Hise
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Apr 9, 2014
                                                      those sequence shots are cool! Darn fisheye makes you so small. If we get anymore river days, I'll try to get my gopro on a tripod out to those reeds. We can maybe catch the next crash. :)

                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Apr 9, 2014
                                                        Used GIMP for the editing.  Free.  GoPro was set to 1pic/1second.
                                                      • Gregory Danley