Hitting the Beartooths

  • Darrel Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2005
      It is a GO for the the MT/WY snowkite expedition for Memorial Day Weekend, May 27-30.  We are planning to head up to the Beartooth Highway, between Cook City, WY and Red Lodge, MT for the weekend.  The road is scheduled to open 5/27/05.  As the road is around 10,000ft, and the nearest weather station at 9,000ft reports a snow pack of 67", I am guessing the snow pack is phenominal.  I remember some very large open and reasonably flat areas up there, which is why I want to go.

      The logistics have yet to be worked out, but we are planning on leaving sometime Friday morning, getting as close as we can, then hitting the pass in the morning.  We haven't decided between truck camping, or getting a hotel in Rock Dodge (AKA Red Lodge.)  Either way, we'll hit it some more Sunday, and then drive back Monday.

      Hopefully we can get together with some of the Montana kiters too.

      Interested?  Give a call, or drop me an email.
    • geardaddy@cableone.net
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16, 2005

        New Zealand is awesome a must see on the list of things to do in one's life time.

        More later,
         Eddy

        On Wed, 11 May 2005 15:48 , 'Darrel Thomas' <darrelthomas@...> sent: