sat. LP

    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 1, 2013
      LP tomorrow morning looks like a repeat of last Sunday , wind mite not be quit as strong . forecast air temp , 37 at the airport and 42 at the lake for a low , but the forecast is for it to blow till 12:00 so 9:00 am mite not be to late . Now that our LP station is down for the winter . I will be looking for S.E. across the board with strong numbers at Highland Valley , this will indicate wind late into the morning .
    • stefanoortelli
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 1, 2013
        I can report my observation at surprise valley at 8am. Unfortunately I'll not be able to do it for family event
      • stefanoortelli
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 2, 2013
          Wind is blowing. Have fun!
        • robbnukebruce
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 2, 2013
            42degrees and blowing hard at lp
          • Greg
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 2, 2013
              Looks decent here

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Nov 2, 2013, at 7:30 AM, <sortelli@...> wrote:

              Wind is blowing. Have fun!

            • Jim Tighe
              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 2, 2013
                the wind was up, the temp  was down, the waves were awesome, the water temp was cool but nice, turners had wind in n out, shoulda brought some gloves,  this is the formula for a short but great day.  bruce followed me out but stayed out longer.  will n greg ventured out as I got out.  my hands felt like ice sickles.  might be the last day but one never knows.

                --
                Jim Tighe
                Gem State Gymnastics Academy
                Message 7 of 28 , Nov 2, 2013
                  Heading out to cj for the se winds only have till 1600

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Nov 2, 2013, at 9:00 AM, <robbnukebruce@...> wrote:

                  42degrees and blowing hard at lp

                • Will Hise

                          Message 12 of 28 , Nov 2, 2013
                            It was far warmer at LP this morning than spring water kiting. I never felt cold. It's also warmer than cold coast days.

                            You're missing out!

                            I'm also excited for snow though!

                                Message 15 of 28 , Nov 2, 2013

                                  2 poles out early that got cold. 2 kites. I was on a 12, Greg on 14. Kites on the water just before 10 and off just after 11. Was dead by 1130.

                                  Greg was last on by about 15 seconds.

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Nov 3, 2013
                                          Will and Bruce
                                          thanks for the feed back , the more detailed the better ,( gustyer then average , rig size , more east then average , when the wind kicked in when it backed off, ect. )  it helps me with my  forecast  . when I was looking at the numbers for Saturdays forecast it look weaker the Sundays but it looked like it mite go as long , not making it up there either morning to see for my self the feed back is helpful .
                                          Steve

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Nov 4, 2013

                                            OK, Steve....on Sat, 9 am and earlier, very strong full on 5.0 conditions, around 9:45/10 backed off a notch with a few holes.

                                            The sweet spot seemed to move more towards up canyon by then, when Greg/Will came out. Usual wind direction, seemed to me. Hope that helps..

                                            Bruce

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                                              Thought maybe this weekend might work.  Highland Valley Summit below 10 this morning though.  Stefano, how's the wind at your place?  Maybe Sunday morning chill sesh since it doesn't seem to be happening today?
                                            • Greg
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                                                18-20ish straight down the pike. Full

                                                Sent from my iPhone

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                                                  Greg and I got a late light wind session in.  Both on 14's in and out from the cove.  Water is still reasonable and comfortable with booties, gloves, and helmet.  Hoping for some stronger wind tomorrow and maybe some more kites.
                                                • Will Hise
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                                                    Nice! Now I have to go tomorrow so I can still have last-day cred!

                                                    Gunna be tough after trunkable surf in sd today ...

                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Nov 10, 2013
                                                      No wind visible at surprise valley today, yesterday it was very well visible. Today is a bike day
                                                    • jwattboi
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Nov 10, 2013

                                                        It was 17g19 at the spillway just before 9.  Greg and I hiked to the cove.  Plenty o power with the 12 today.  Jim T joined towards the end and got a few tacks in before it shutdown ~11.