12m day at CJ

  • bsrobertson84
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 20, 2013
      Wind was constant and perfect for my 12m. Made quite a few passes and felt good! Then I decided to break out my surfboard and struggled allot due to my lack of practice. Finished up with a downwinder on my twin tip. Not my best day but happy I got some time on the water.
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 20, 2013
        way to make the season last

        Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:05 PM
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] 12m day at CJ

        Wind was constant and perfect for my 12m. Made quite a few passes and felt good! Then I decided to break out my surfboard and struggled allot due to my lack of practice. Finished up with a downwinder on my twin tip. Not my best day but happy I got some time on the water.

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 20, 2013
          Solo session? J. Watts put out a message he was thinking of heading that a way

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Oct 20, 2013, at 5:05 PM, <bsrobertson84@...> wrote:

          Wind was constant and perfect for my 12m. Made quite a few passes and felt good! Then I decided to break out my surfboard and struggled allot due to my lack of practice. Finished up with a downwinder on my twin tip. Not my best day but happy I got some time on the water.

        • jwattboi

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013
                  It was a solo Greg. I decided to launch from my car with a strap connected to my rims so I didn't have to drift launch. It was my first time trying to launch that way and it went fairly well.Jwattboi where is the river you speak of?
                • jwattboi
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013

                     I usually do email, but yesterday I had decided to stay home.  Then literally at the last minute decided to get out and go about 3:00.

                    Wish I could have left earlier.  Ended up a great day.  I've had some great late fall sessions at the river and looking forward to hopefully a few more.  I'm usually good to about the rule of 90 give or take depending on whether the sun is out.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013

                      Sure….

                      Wind hog!!!!

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013
                        The river is my favorite spot on a nw wind. It is where the snake enters the reservoir at the bridge heading to Bruno. As you are coming from mtn home it's the last right turn before crossing the bridge. Two spots to launch from. One is right down stream from the bridge. The other is a little farther down stream you have to follow the two lane dirt road to your right. Glad you got out!

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013
                          River spots on google maps:

                          One launch:
                          http://goo.gl/maps/X5aGt

                          The other launch:

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013
                            I think we need a facebook account. I haven't been getting the notifications on posts. We could just send mass emails. I much rather ride with someone. I tend to need help at times.
                          • Will Hise
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013
                              sending to snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com is the best way. That will be sent to everyone.

                              Mass emails sent directly to people are no good because someone always gets left off.

                              I don't think this crew is quite ready for FB. No offense, but this email list just works better.

                              If you are not receiving emails from this list, let Eddy know. It's probably his fault. :)

                              There are 2 unmentionable 'other' list out there too which you should subscribe to. One is the Boise Sailors Association which has many of the windsurfers on it and sends out good info on access, cleanup parties, and regulation stuff. The other can probably be found by searching for our State, your favorite sport, and yahoogroups.