10 mile boardshorts and booze

  • jwattboi
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2013
      Jake, I, and 3 others did a 10 mile roundtrip across corpus christi bay for a cocktail.   Something the shop does here on friday nights.

      Kites ranged from a 10 to an 18.  Took the 14.5, should have been on the 12.   Rode from wildcat to some bar by the Lexington.  Left the bar at sunset.  Good times.
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2013

        Is the shorty working or should I throw in the full wetsuit?  Kinda tight on room.

        -JBrick

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2013
          shorty hasn’t come out of the suitcase.  I've been wearing a long sleeve wet shirt to keep cool.  I think it’s supposed to get down to 70 early sunday morning so maybe a shorty?

          Is the shorty working or should I throw in the full wetsuit?  Kinda tight on room.

          -JBrick

          Jake, I, and 3 others did a 10 mile roundtrip across corpus christi bay for a cocktail.   Something the shop does here on friday nights.

          Kites ranged from a 10 to an 18.  Took the 14.5, should have been on the 12.   Rode from wildcat to some bar by the Lexington.  Left the bar at sunset.  Good times.

        • Bill Binegar
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 4, 2013
            I have been there over Thanksgiving week and have never used a full wetsuit. My wife and daughter have. Also the forecast looks great temperature wise. Hope the wind blows too. Let the party begin.  I just ate dinner had a beer and a shot of whiskey. Bummer is just starting to pack.

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 4, 2013

              Shorty it is then.  Leaving the Full ¾ at home.  I just saw the water temp is 84.  WOW!!!  Maui wasn’t even 84 when I’ve been there.

              That frees up some space in the bag.

              Thanks for the quick response.

              -JBrick

              shorty hasn’t come out of the suitcase.  I've been wearing a long sleeve wet shirt to keep cool.  I think it’s supposed to get down to 70 early sunday morning so maybe a shorty?

              Is the shorty working or should I throw in the full wetsuit?  Kinda tight on room.

              -JBrick

              Jake, I, and 3 others did a 10 mile roundtrip across corpus christi bay for a cocktail.   Something the shop does here on friday nights.

              Kites ranged from a 10 to an 18.  Took the 14.5, should have been on the 12.   Rode from wildcat to some bar by the Lexington.  Left the bar at sunset.  Good times.

            • Will Hise

                shorty hasn’t come out of the suitcase.  I've been wearing a long sleeve wet shirt to keep cool.  I think it’s supposed to get down to 70 early sunday morning so maybe a shorty?

                Is the shorty working or should I throw in the full wetsuit?  Kinda tight on room.

                -JBrick

                Jake, I, and 3 others did a 10 mile roundtrip across corpus christi bay for a cocktail.   Something the shop does here on friday nights.

                Kites ranged from a 10 to an 18.  Took the 14.5, should have been on the 12.   Rode from wildcat to some bar by the Lexington.  Left the bar at sunset.  Good times.

              • Greg