Re: [snowkiteidaho] RE: Thursday session

    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
      Heading out shortly

      Eddy

      On Oct 2, 2013, at 10:08 PM, <bsrobertson84@...> wrote:

      I plan to be there as soon as I get of work. It will be 5:30 when I get to CJ strike. If you have already headed home shoot me some advice on where to go so I make the most out of what's left of day light.

      Thanks,

      Ben

      ---In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      ...yeeeee hawww...wear yer chaps & spurs boyz 'n keep a tight bridle on those rides!!

      On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Anyone interested in a session tomorrow at CJ or River? 30mph front pushing thru.

        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
          No, but we did ride 7m's. It sucked big time. 27-35 with gusts over 45. Not worth the drive.

          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013

            And Grandview at 19mph.  I’m not sure I’ve EVER seen that.

            I wonder if Eddy and Will have ‘shown up’ on Mountain Home AFB radar yet?

            did you bring your 3m trainer if not you could try filling your pockets with rocks

            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
              Sending a kite was not something fun to try. I did a few and got some good double pops, but was probably still below radar. Pretty sure if I really sent it, I would have flown over the RV park and landed somewhere across the road.

              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
                I'd agree with those numbers.  First time I've snapped a kite line.  Made for a quick self rescue body drag.  Took maybe 10mins from middle of lake to shore.

                Hope that was not my last session for the season...I did not enjoy that one!!!

                Eddy

                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013

                  So it sounds like work was the better choice today.  I’m still jealous wish I could have suffered with you.

                  James R. Tighe

                  Gem State Gymnastics Academy / Tighe Gym Sales

                  5420 W. State St., Boise, Idaho 83703

                  Gym; 208-853-3220

                  Cell; 208-859-1397

                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
                        Managed a solo session at the river. 7m as well. Plenty O'wind. Wow. On about 1330, off 1615ish. I am worked. Put in at the bridge and sailed up above the pump house. Really nice swells every now and again. Sometimes the faces were 3' or so and would stretch 1/3-1/2 the river, nice little half pipe to play in. Not the day for airtime.  Not the funest session but I've been jonesin for a while and this certainly moved the boundary out a bit.

                        Sent from my iPhone

                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
                            ...not only was it Grandview 19, 1:00-2:00PM: 19G34 !!!!   YIKES.  NASTY...

                            ...you Idaho cowboys ever make it to 8 second buzzer?...

                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
                              Lol I don't know about that Jim. It was pretty crazy at times. Spray ripping off the waves. Nice thing about the river (maybe not so much for windsurfers) is the fact that is is so shallow for quite a ways out on both sides so walking out is an option. The fact that I was alone was certainly on my mind but I would much rather sail the river than cj anytime. Cept on a SE wind.
                              Jon, no buckles for this cowboy however I did get bucked off several times. Yee haw! Howz the sailing down south?
                              Eddy, Will sorry I did not join but I wasn't sure I would even get to play today. When I got the ok you had already left. I was going to swing by the river first to see if you were there and head up to cj if not but the swells looked so juicy I could not help myself.
                              Sent from my iPhone