Re: [snowkiteidaho] gorge report

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
      I'm up at lp 800 barely doable right now. Hoping it picks up.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 15, 2013, at 7:18 AM, <sortelli@...> wrote:

      Anyone going?

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
        7m today at the event site . This was the first day of the season to launch and land on the gress . Good size crowd . Got gusty in the afternoon . The wind never came up at the cost . But the surfing was good . My wife even cought some waves .Will ride again tomorrow morning and head home .     Ps . On second thought I'm going to hang on to my monads . The 7 and the 9 anyway the 11 is foresale          STEVE

        To: jasonbrickner@...
        CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
        From: idakiteman@...
        Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:21:56 -0600
        Subject: Re: [BSA] RE: [snowkiteidaho] gorge report

        ...when conditions get 9m or better like Steve reports, I often find myself needing mo-nads...

        On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

        Your ‘monad’ hung in there?  What is your ‘monad’ and why would you trade it for a kite.  It sounds important.

        Good Friday morning…

        -JBrick

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
          It is good to have monads that are just the right size for the occasion.

          Sent from my iPhone

          To: jasonbrickner@...
          CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

          9m yesterday at the event site . Water ski weather every where else . It was a bit gusty . The   r p m' s seemed to rule the day . My monad hung in there , but I mite just trade in for a bridle c kite , RPM . At the cost this morning wind in the forecast this afternoon .

        • Mike Cottingham
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
            Steve, what kite are you thinking of replacing the 11m with?

            -Mike

            To: jasonbrickner@...
            CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 16, 2013
              Mike
              I have several kites in that size rang . the 11.5 best kahuna its for sale  kite only amazing low end and great boost  , very good morning wind kite for me at 195 lb. . then there is the 12m sling shot RPM ( flew it this morning at the event site from 11:30 to 1:30 with only 4 other kiters and 2 windsurfers , this is a very fun kite and I recommend it , I am selling this one and plan to buy the 2013 . they made the 2013 12m bigger closer to a 13m I need a little more low end with this  kite . the one I have would work for someone 170 lb. or so . for morning wind , the pros for the RPM , fastest turning 12m I have flown and very gust friendly , great hang time and good boost . cons lite on the low end and self lands like a C kite . I have a 12m  Wainman  this is a good all round kite I plan to keep . The 11m  Cabrinha Nomad is another good all round kite , very user friendly ,  but would work for someone that weighs around 170 lb. for morning wind .
              Steve

              Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 11:30 PM

              To: jasonbrickner@...
              CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com