RE: Re: [snowkiteidaho] gorge report

  • stefanoortelli
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
      Anyone going?
    • Jack Harrison
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013

        It could kick in… or not???

        Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW

        HyQual, P.A.

        208.861.1654

        From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of sortelli@...
        Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 7:19 AM
        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: RE: Re: [snowkiteidaho] gorge report

        Anyone going?

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
          I think I'm going to pass on LP this morning and hit Lake Lowell mid-afternoon.  Watching wind will report when/if I head out.

          Eddy

          On Sep 15, 2013, at 7:18 AM, <sortelli@...> wrote:

          Anyone going?

        • Jim shultz

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
              I'm up at lp 800 barely doable right now. Hoping it picks up.

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                7m today at the event site . This was the first day of the season to launch and land on the gress . Good size crowd . Got gusty in the afternoon . The wind never came up at the cost . But the surfing was good . My wife even cought some waves .Will ride again tomorrow morning and head home .     Ps . On second thought I'm going to hang on to my monads . The 7 and the 9 anyway the 11 is foresale          STEVE

                To: jasonbrickner@...
                CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                From: idakiteman@...
                Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:21:56 -0600
                Subject: Re: [BSA] RE: [snowkiteidaho] gorge report

                ...when conditions get 9m or better like Steve reports, I often find myself needing mo-nads...

                On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                Your ‘monad’ hung in there?  What is your ‘monad’ and why would you trade it for a kite.  It sounds important.

                Good Friday morning…

                -JBrick

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                  It is good to have monads that are just the right size for the occasion.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  To: jasonbrickner@...
                  CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                  9m yesterday at the event site . Water ski weather every where else . It was a bit gusty . The   r p m' s seemed to rule the day . My monad hung in there , but I mite just trade in for a bridle c kite , RPM . At the cost this morning wind in the forecast this afternoon .

                • Mike Cottingham
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                    Steve, what kite are you thinking of replacing the 11m with?

                    -Mike

                    To: jasonbrickner@...
                    CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 16, 2013
                      Mike
                      I have several kites in that size rang . the 11.5 best kahuna its for sale  kite only amazing low end and great boost  , very good morning wind kite for me at 195 lb. . then there is the 12m sling shot RPM ( flew it this morning at the event site from 11:30 to 1:30 with only 4 other kiters and 2 windsurfers , this is a very fun kite and I recommend it , I am selling this one and plan to buy the 2013 . they made the 2013 12m bigger closer to a 13m I need a little more low end with this  kite . the one I have would work for someone 170 lb. or so . for morning wind , the pros for the RPM , fastest turning 12m I have flown and very gust friendly , great hang time and good boost . cons lite on the low end and self lands like a C kite . I have a 12m  Wainman  this is a good all round kite I plan to keep . The 11m  Cabrinha Nomad is another good all round kite , very user friendly ,  but would work for someone that weighs around 170 lb. for morning wind .
                      Steve

                      Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 11:30 PM

                      To: jasonbrickner@...
                      CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com